Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed edge evo race into my 08 LMM and i heard nothing but good things about the tunes but be honest im not impressed at all i hardly feel a power difference i feel alittle but not worth bragging about. i have tried level 3,4,5. i have a 4'' turbo back exhaust, but thats it for mods. im wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or some good advice.thx for your time

·
Registered
398 Posts
I find that it is a more refined power, not the kind of power that the PPE creates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prior to installing the edge i had a crappy predator chip in it, and to be honest the predator would eat the edge alive on the 100hp tune with the dpf in. so im really confused if im getting full potential out of this edge.

·
Registered
207 Posts
what level are you running the edge race on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im running on level 3 which is 80hp i think, but i tried level 4,5 today and im not really feeling a difference. but i just installed the cts and the exhaust yesterday so im not used to the sound yet. maybe just for how loud it is, im thinking it should go faster. maybe more bark than bite lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya im going to for sure because i heard so much good things about this programmer there has to be something wrong.i appreciate all the replys i just joined today, and the site is great.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
ive had banks,predator,ppe hot+2 and now the edge race evo and that evo is just as good as that ppe and way better than any other caned tuner. call edge cause something is wrong good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya for sure i will do that tomorrow, what do you guys recommened i should run my edge on all the time? i have no tranny upgrades.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I run my Edge CTS on Level 4 for daily driving...HUGE boost in power, especially from the old one, the regular Edge Evolution. I'd def. check with Edge, they are always very helpful and knowledgeable about the products. I really think that the guys you talk to on the phone are the ones that are doing the programming, smart guys.

I also have no tranny upgrades...YET. Looking to get a Transgo Jr in the next week or two.

Any vendors wanna PM me a price for the Jr along with shipping? :)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
You have an issue somewhere, how old is the fuel filter? If it is fairly new then it sounds like edge programming maybe the issue

·
Registered
90 Posts
You live where its cold.. the edge automatically backs down the power setting until your truck is at 170 degrees. So at 150 it cuts the power add by 50% and at 160 it cuts the power by 25%. If you "disable backdown", it should help. I live in AZ and in the morning it takes about 5 minutes before my truck is warm enough to run at full power. Just a safety feature to avoid putting to much power through a cold motor.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
You live where its cold.. the edge automatically backs down the power setting until your truck is at 170 degrees. So at 150 it cuts the power add by 50% and at 160 it cuts the power by 25%. If you "disable backdown", it should help. I live in AZ and in the morning it takes about 5 minutes before my truck is warm enough to run at full power. Just a safety feature to avoid putting to much power through a cold motor.
No shit? I did not know that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea, I didnt know that either, I had an idea since the thing is slow as phuck until its warm. The new CTS monitor tells you when the power is reduced, so thats how I figured it out. It never backs the power down to less than stock.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Yea, I didnt know that either, I had an idea since the thing is slow as phuck until its warm. The new CTS monitor tells you when the power is reduced, so thats how I figured it out. It never backs the power down to less than stock.
can you explain how to turn that off? Is it only in the "create a custom program" option?

i just figured out how to fix my ABS codes from my 4.56 gear install... :rof

·
Registered
90 Posts
can you explain how to turn that off? Is it only in the "create a custom program" option?

i just figured out how to fix my ABS codes from my 4.56 gear install... :rof
With the CTS, you go into Menu>Juice Control>disable backdown

On the edge attitude press enter then the up arrow then enter

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Nice, I'll give that a try and see if there's a noticeable difference. I live and work so close to the freeway, the truck barely is at 100* ECT when I get on the highway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx guys very much for all the advise, i going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow and see what happens, because i think im close to needing it replaced anyways. and yes you guys are right i did notice a power increase when i drove the truck for more than 20 mins. but i did notice that the levels 3,4,5 the bottom end and mid is very smooth and tons of jam but the top end is very flat, could this be because of the fuel filter? and im not blowing alot black.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts