Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just bought the evo race from alligator performance , i will be getting it tomorrow , what is a safe hp level i can run on just a transgo jr , also how long do i have to relearn the trans before i can see what its got ?

Thanks for the info :drink

·
Registered
175 Posts
i run level four on mine ive heard level five is okay also but i just stick with 4

·
USMC
795 Posts
I also run on 4. I think it is 2 hours or 50-100 miles to relearn. Drive thru all the gears at different trottle rates and i think it learns a little faster.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks chad ..... ok ill stick with level 3 i had no intentions of 4 yet

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was looking into the edge evo race for my 05 lly and they say there isnt a race model for that year do you know if they will come out with one in the future

·
Registered
90 Posts
been runnin mine on 4 98% of the time...had it on 5 a few times here and there just messin around......had it on 4 the other day was merging onto hwy 99 and went from like 45 to 65 and BAMMM limp mode for the first time.....what a good feelin with under 10k on the truck....:( good thing tranny's getting ordered nxt week!!!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Jeff, i ran my evo race on lvl 3 all the time. For me it was plenty of power and got good fuel mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how long did u do your relearn ?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
could you get on iy full throttle without limping the trans? also do you have a transgo

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
For me to have the tranny to relearn the power it took anywhere from 25-75 miles. City driving and some highway driving. You will feel the tranny start to shift smoother over time. When it feels normal then you know your good. I do not have a transgo. I could stomp on it on lvl 3 all day long and have no problems.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok awesome ,did it smoke on 3 ,i had to get rid of my quad bc to much smoke

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok that doesnt look like much smoke , also should i stomp it during relearn or no ? how should i do it ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts