Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the update that Edge emailed me about a week or so ago that came out the 4-20-10. Put the unit back in the truck and now my egt gauge is not working it was showing just a couple of dots where the temp used to be. Tried to put it on a different gauge on the screen and everything froze up. With the truck off and key removed the screen won't even turn off.

Any help would be great.

I should of left the damn thing alone it was working fine.:help

·
Registered
885 Posts
mine did that bullshiz fn edge

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you do? I can't call till tomorrow. The only way I could get it to turn off was un plug it and thats probably not the right thing to do.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i had mine on level three an i was returning to stock an it would freeze up when it said wrapping up... please wait... i jus unplugged the damn thing an i have efi now waiting on tunes an i reflashed my stock tune

·
Registered
686 Posts
thats funny i had the same prob but it was the egt plug in connector pull it out and put it back in nice and tite.

pull the egt plug out of the edge with it off, then turn ur car back on and then re plug in the egt sensor plug...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine wont turn on when the trucks starts, I have to unplug it from the truck then plug it back in and it will turn on kind of a pain, I am worried it wont turn on and I start having problems.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried unplugging it and plug it back in no luck. So then I tried setting it back to stock and back again. Started the truck and plugged the sensor in, nothing. Now in my list of options for gauges the eas egt I think thats what it was called is not even a option now. I only have pre dpf and post dpf. At least my screen didn't freeze this time. Hopefully someone can give a little insight to the problem. And I hope this is not the beginning to a lot of problems.

·
Registered
686 Posts
ok well this dont sound good for edge , the new cs with these same probs , maybe the update got messed up ?

we all need to call edge so they can fix us up ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts