Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 classic 3500 using to tow a race trailer with, don't really want the programs so much as just a monitoring system for the engine and tranny. Is the Evolution an okay product for this?

Where's the best price on these? Only place I looked has them for $430 with free shipping.

Is there a better unit out there with comparible features you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
edge is a nice unit but i have heard some guys don't like it due that is messed up the shift points and made for some sad driving experiences but one that i have heard alot of good from is the diablo sport and the ppe but they don't have the outlook monitor like the edge..hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, if I leave the program stock and just use it for monitoring temps etc, will it affect the performance of the truck?

Have zero experience using these so I didn't know if just plugging it in will cause interference with the stock processor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called the Edge Technical support, they told me if I was just monitoring to buy an MSD Dash Hawk. $300 and just does the monitoring I wanted. I'll have it in a couple days to see how it does.

Gotta love it when technical support actually gives you information that saves you money and they aren't just trying to upsell you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
no mods

I run an 05 2500 hd(see my avatar pic) I do NOT use any mods and I haul heavy equipment on a daily basis. My tranny NEVER overheats and I routinely drive mountain passes pulling 10-14,000 lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts