Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2014 sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, Std Box SLT 4WD Z71
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran an update the other night, and in the morning I fired up the truck and got a message about a missing PID had been replaced, and then when the screen came up it had replaced Transmission Fluid Temp with vehicle speed馃槧
I have searched and cannot find the PID, ran another update, hoping the latest one would put it back but no joy.

Anyone else experience this?

Version 1.72.60311.28097

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call ege. Sometimes they have problems with their updates.
I put in a tag online at the same time I posted this, wanted to see if anyone else experienced this issue.
I tow a travel trailer and feel this is one of my more important parameter's to monitor.

Premium Member

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this morning I got an email from them asking my serial # the online form did not have a space for that.
I sent it to them, and received an email back:
We have manually targeted an update to your unit for you. Please connect up to the update software and run the latest updates we have available for the unit. Once the update is complete please take the unit back to the vehicle and go into the settings menu. Within the settings menu select the option to restore default pids as well as the option to restore default settings. After the unit has completed both restores, go back into the gauge feature and see if the unit works properly now.

Edge Products Technical Support

I did this and all is well again except I am now rebuilding my screens

Premium Member

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I can't be there to join you, have a few for me as well....Yuengling Black and tan if you please!
Sadly it does not appear Yuengling Black and tan is available anywhere around here according to their website.

I did have a Trader Joe's Drive Thru Red Ale though, not bad but I am sure the black and tan would be better.

Premium Member
Sadly it does not appear Yuengling Black and tan is available anywhere around here according to their website.

I did have a Trader Joe's Drive Thru Red Ale though, not bad but I am sure the black and tan would be better.
If you like dark beers Yuengling makes a seasonal Chocolate Porter in the fall. Out of this world good!!
But in fact ANY beer is better by far than NO beer!

Where i Newsomeland? I grew up n Chico, Oroville and Paradise.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you like dark beers Yuengling makes a seasonal Chocolate Porter in the fall. Out of this world good!!
But in fact ANY beer is better by far than NO beer!

Where i Newsomeland? I grew up n Chico, Oroville and Paradise.
I am in the North Bay, go to Chico almost every year for the World of Outlaws at Silver Dollar Speedway

Premium Member
I am in the North Bay, go to Chico almost every year for the World of Outlaws at Silver Dollar Speedway
When I was younger I used to be on the Pit Crew for a driver there, Jim Larabee. Car ran in the Stock Category, our main competition was a guy Pappy Boyd. Larabee was a better driver but Boyd's car was quicker so we seldom won.

Those were the days............Is the track still dirt or did they ever pave it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was younger I used to be on the Pit Crew for a driver there, Jim Larabee. Car ran in the Stock Category, our main competition was a guy Pappy Boyd. Larabee was a better driver but Boyd's car was quicker so we seldom won.

Those were the days............Is the track still dirt or did they ever pave it?
It is still dirt
Back in the day, I pitted for a guy that ran Calistoga and Petaluma, Randy Hatcher
We worked together, and he bought a sprint car and asked me to be on his crew, good times...
That is until that last crash, turn 2 at Calistoga, broke the Halibrand quick change rear end about in half, and that was the end of racing.
But before that happened I got a turn to "pack the track" with his car, never felt such Horsepower in my life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts