Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought a new Edge CTS3 monitor. It first wasn’t shutting off but now I think it is... anyway, to those who have these, do they go into a “sleep” mode? The truck is off, key out, door open but if I touch the monitor it lights up and shows the gauges. Then it goes black after no activity. Is this normal?

I thought it would shut all the way off.
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update for fellow CTS3 owners:

I think this is normal operation, it doesn’t drain the battery in my truck and I saw some videos where this was normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree, mine does the same. If I remote start the truck it stays off but I just double tap the screen after putting the key in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Concur. Mine goes to a sleep mode as well. Not too happy with that as I don't drive my truck that often. Will unplug. My idash powers all the way down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure anyone following but bought an odd splitter so could run both idash and cts3. Well banks idash runs fine on splitter. Cts3 screen keeps going off thinks it should go into sleep mode. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I just got a CTS 3 have had it for a week now and I am having issues also with the on/off. So far since I have had this CTS3 Plugged in there is 2 times now I have not used my truck for 2 days and both those 2 days it is dead will not start no power. I know it is this CTS3 just not sure why and if it is me doing something wrong?? I shut truck off and the display turns off or goes to sleep I think not sure what to think of this??

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You need to call the manufacturer. This is a somewhat common problem and they will be able to help you.

Reactions: Muzbomb

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Yes I am going to call but just doing a test first to make sure it is the CTS3 before I call but I am pretty sure it is but just want to make sure that’s all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Per the tech support guy at "Edge" when asked the same question about my CTS2 last year. He claimed that if you lock and set the alarm (two clicks on the Fob and a horn honk) it powers the unit down, no battery drain. I didn't used to do that since mine is parked in a locked garage but I do now. Since using this method I've not noticed any significant battery drain or high alternator charge after sitting for a week at a time. Other's may disagree or have more insight (pun intended) but this is what I can testify to.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Well after some testing it actually appears my batteries are no good so weird how never had a problem till I got this CTS3 what are the odds. I unplugged everything and checked batteries were at 12.6 and then over night checked them at were at 11.8. So tells me batteries are no good and CTS3 has nothing to do with it

·
Registered
344 Posts
You could have another electrical drain and you batteries might be fine. Before replacing them I would pull them and have Napa or somebody run a test on them. I have a tester at my business just for that purpose. It will tell you the exact condition of your batteries. If batteries are good I would throw an amp meter on the positive cable and see what the current drain is. If it is high I would start pulling fuses one by one to see which circuit is draining the battery then work from there.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
You could have another electrical drain and you batteries might be fine. Before replacing them I would pull them and have Napa or somebody run a test on them. I have a tester at my business just for that purpose. It will tell you the exact condition of your batteries. If batteries are good I would throw an amp meter on the positive cable and see what the current drain is. If it is high I would start pulling fuses one by one to see which circuit is draining the battery then work from there.
the batteries are coming up 5yrs old already so they are do for a replacement either way. 5yrs of Canadian winter is hard enough on stuff lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts