Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the features of the Insight as far as the gauges and everything go, but don't really want the tuning features of it due to the fact that I'm going to get EFI Live. Do they make the Insight for just gauges, without the tunes to save money, because I can't see spending $300+ for something that I'm not going to use. Thanks

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
I really love the features of the Insight as far as the gauges and everything go, but don't really want the tuning features of it due to the fact that I'm going to get EFI Live. Do they make the Insight for just gauges, without the tunes to save money, because I can't see spending $300+ for something that I'm not going to use. Thanks
The insight is just gauges. Do you have the juice or the juice w/ attitude???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok, that makes sense. No, no juice. For some reason I though the Insight was some kind of tuner too. Good to hear! Thanks for the help on the dumb question lol

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
Oh, ok, that makes sense. No, no juice. For some reason I though the Insight was some kind of tuner too. Good to hear! Thanks for the help on the dumb question lol
NP bro!!:)

·
Reign in Blood
4,555 Posts
just a fyi for the cts...

• Adjust EFILive Tuned PCMS on-the-fly
On 2001-2005 LB7 and LLY Duramax engines you can now change the power levels on-the-fly created by your EFILive custom tuning software with your Edge Insight CTS! Simply use your EFILive software to change your DSP5 Switch Type from hard wire to serial. Once you are set up to support serial communication, simply use the up and down arrow buttons on your Insight to adjust EFILive tunes on-the-fly.
• Displays Fuel Rail Pressure on Duramax Engines
• Displays Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration Status on new diesels with DPF traps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wanted the CTS for the reason of being able to change the tune from it. I think thats the one I'll end up going with.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Yeah, I wanted the CTS for the reason of being able to change the tune from it. I think thats the one I'll end up going with.
The Insight does a lot of shit and it's awesome. Loved mine and will prob get another one.

Lb7 and LLY ONLY DOES SERIAL SWITCHING W/EFI LIVE.

Just making sure you saw that part. :drink

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just got mine all setup with efi live and love it so far.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That's what I use on my lmm. I love how easy it is to customize all the guages and even the warning is nice also, kinda good piece of mind for when the wife drives the truck, she knows if it beeps pull over and call me! I got the dash pod for it and mounted my locking dsp5 switch on the side of it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Insight CS/CTS - Guages
Evolution CS/CTS - Tuner

·
Registered
598 Posts
So when I order my tuned ecm and insight I dont need a dsp 5 switch? The ecm just needs to be programmed in serial mode for the insight to change my tunes?

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
So when I order my tuned ecm and insight I dont need a dsp 5 switch? The ecm just needs to be programmed in serial mode for the insight to change my tunes?
correct. Make sure you tell them that before they tune your ecm, or youll be shipping it back.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
That is correct, but I don't recommend this option honestly.

1. You can't change tunes effectively if your Insight is not plugged in.
2. You can't change tunes easily while trying to data log.
3. the CTS screen is blank if exposed to extensive heat, which makes use in some conditions difficult.
4. Hitting the button seems akward to me instead of using a physical switch.
5. You have to have the ECM re-flashed to go to hard switch if you wanted to go that route in the future.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
that would be badass if they could make it so you could serial switch on an lbz

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the useful info on the CTS and efilive serial mode. I have an LMM & already have the cts. Guess I'll be ordering the DSP5 switch

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
sucks it doesnt work for lbz's yet

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just a heads up, the Edge Insight boost reading on the LLY's is not accurate, and the max boost reading that it will show is about 22 psi. I thought I read somewhere that it has nothing to do with Edge, it is the LLY's. I also use the Insight for gauges and EFI Live switch. I just had to plumb in a mechanical boost gauge for an accurate reading. Now that I have the mechanical boost gauge and the Insight boost gauge I was able to compare the two readings. The Insight boost reading is always significantly lower than the mechanical.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Correct, the sensor doesn't read high enough. Has nothing to do with Edge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts