EGT
any help is greatly appreciated

Jon :drink

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Boost=28 to 30psi
EGT=1250 to 1300
and the other 2 temps i wouldn't get worried about seeing your truck computer has them in controll..just my thoughts

·
Registered
72 Posts
EGT is a hotly :rolleyes: contested parameter. Some say 1700 for short periods is okay and 1350-1400 is okay for longer periods. My bottom line is this, I have yet to hear of any EGT related failures of any component. It seems like a long term degradation type of issue for the turbo. I know this doesn't clear anything up, but hopefully it gives you some things to consider. If it were me I would be comfortable with Tireboyz recommendation.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i know runnin our truck down the 300ft track it would hold at 1450* and normal driving it rarely reaches 1300* but i would never let it go over 1500*.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was at Twisted Innovations Dyno day in April, there was a guy there with a 07 Classic who said whe he ran the 1/4 at Quaker City he would sometimes touch 2000 degrees:blowup Pretty scary to me!! He was running a K&N offroad intake, 4" kitty delete and PPE Hot 2 stacked with something else, Bully Dog maybe? That's definitely too hot!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts