Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a question. I have a motorvation programmer with a 85hp tune on my truck now, and i ran up on a Edge Juice with Attitude for a good deal. Will it be ok if I stack these two??:rolleyes: Your input please??

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have heard of guys stacking programmers, is it a good idea? that i am not sure of. If you do it i would be interested in your outcome. Let us know what you decide.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I don't know much bout your motorvation chip but I think both together might have too much timing for the truck. Why is that guy getting rid of the edge? Look in the classifieds and you'll see a lot of edges for sale. I'd sell your programmer and buy a ppe xcelerator and you'd have more power than those two. I've got the ppe xcelerator hot+2 and it is pretty darn nice. Just my thoughts.

Ryan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Everyone i have talked to says not to waste your time on edge or banks etc. Just spend the money and buy the PPE. I wish i did:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have booth the ppe and the edge stacked, i have also run the edge stacked on a trippledog, to much timming is the biggest issue. I run my PPE HOT 2 ON LEVEL SIX ans the edge hot on level 4 and this is the best settup i have found to work on my truck to date. As far as something to run around the streets with the edge is by far my fav, as the ppe can not be turnned up and down(or as far as i know) with out redownloading the diffrent settings. I would say play with it and see for yourself what works best on your truck because our three 07's run a little of everything and they all run nothing alike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How would I know if it had to much timming?? I think for right now i'm going to run the edge and get rid of the motorvation. The only reason I bought the edge is b/c I got it for less than it would have cost me to buy gauges. I've heard the same about ppe, and i plan to get one sooner or later. Thanks for the input Guys.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would have to agree with mike about the edge, being able to change settings on the fly is SWEEEET!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the way to tell if you have too much timing is when it has a rattle(timming rattle)from the engine under a hard throttle and one other one is when it feels like its cutting out and has a poping sound(engine defueling due to having to much timming)when your really in it so try it but be carefull it doesn't take much to mess things up a bit..
what i would do is install the edge with the programmer and start out at the first setting on the edge and slowly increase it untill it doesn't run together and then see how it runs and then uninstall the programmer and run the edge by itselfs and see what kind of difference there is with the stack compared to runnin the edge by itself b/c i'm the stack isn't really gonna make a big difference compared to just runnin the edge by itself..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts