Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i installed me edge juice with attitude hott version today:cool: . everything went smooth and installed in minutes. i did not install the pyro though yet because i did not have the proper tap and it was dark out. so i preset my egt's to 1350 and boost at 28. so i did a pedal to the metal run in both 3 and 6:D unfortunetly both times only after just a sec the truck kinda stalled and a little padlock showed up on my screen. it continued to drive fine and no check engine light came on. i assume it has to be with one of the presets i have that caused this. but not sure. i bought this unit used and the vendor forgot to send the manual so i cant look at that(already on the way though). but any advice would be appreciated

o, im now rolling black:D it fawking sweet and so is the power:rockin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Be careful with running more power....your tranny won't last long. The first time limping it is the hardest...it gets easier after that. This padlock was on your Edge monitor right? If so, it could have been backing down for tranny slip. There are settings for that from what I have heard. I don't run edge products, but I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you are showing a padlock next to your gear indicator on the screen all that mean is your torque converter is in lock up. youll have 4 unlock 4 locked 5 unlock and 5 lock most of the time but keep your eye on it and if it runs through 12345 and its showing a padlock after one of those numbers it just means you tranny is locked up puttin the power to the ground and by the way 1350 isnt that hot if you're plumbed before the turbo in the manifold if you are in the pipe that's REALLY HOT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i did a little research. it seems it cut out so fast because the pyro wasn't installed. so im taking care of that tonight. now when the tranny does go in limp mode, how do i get it out?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had an 05 lly and you sometimes dont get it out unless you unplug that P.O.S. edge box or shut it down for about 10 mins and wait

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
yeah i did a little research. it seems it cut out so fast because the pyro wasn't installed. so im taking care of that tonight. now when the tranny does go in limp mode, how do i get it out?
Without a handheld programmer, you will have to shut it off for a little while and restart. The CEL light will probably still be on for a while, but you should have 5th gear back.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I pretty sure its differnt for every unit, you have to get the code from edge for a $$$$.

I'm not sure if a edge vendor can do it or not, Anyone know??????

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I want to say that you would need to send back your edge module to them for it to be unlocked. I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I think I read on another forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so yeah that hot mode really puts a kick in the pants:rockin. for some reason the pryo has something to do with it not wanting to give it full potential. its a blast doing 40mph and then lay into it and roll black all over the duesch tailgating me:D

and as far as the code goes. you have to sign a waiver, and some extra bread to get the unlock code. pretty sure there different for each unit

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can get the owners manual from their website. Free download in pdf form. I don't have my Pyro hooked up yet either (but I don't have the unlock code either). I have not had an issue with mine. I have tried lvl 5 with the low boost fuel set on 5 with my stock trans. I would not suggest anything more than lvl 4 on a stock trans for any length of time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive only 6 for a total of say 5 minutes so far. i just leave the truck in the 1 setting. if im in a hurry 3 is plenty. i just like the smoke 6 provides. im just waiting for the tranny to go into limp....but fawk it

·
Registered
79 Posts
ok so i installed me edge juice with attitude hott version today:cool: . everything went smooth and installed in minutes. i did not install the pyro though yet because i did not have the proper tap and it was dark out. so i preset my egt's to 1350 and boost at 28. so i did a pedal to the metal run in both 3 and 6:D unfortunetly both times only after just a sec the truck kinda stalled and a little padlock showed up on my screen. it continued to drive fine and no check engine light came on. i assume it has to be with one of the presets i have that caused this. but not sure. i bought this unit used and the vendor forgot to send the manual so i cant look at that(already on the way though). but any advice would be appreciated

o, im now rolling black:D it fawking sweet and so is the power:rockin

Lemme know what you find out as my E/A will be here in a few days...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it was the pyro not installed. after that all hell was let loose

·
Registered
8 Posts
as for the hot unlock code i believe there are several codes say a few per each model of box i installed one on a friends lly but havent got it on my lb7 i would b more than happy to give it a try if anyones willing to give it up

·
Registered
79 Posts
as for the hot unlock code i believe there are several codes say a few per each model of box i installed one on a friends lly but havent got it on my lb7 i would b more than happy to give it a try if anyones willing to give it up
Not sure what you are asking for. Do you want someone to give you the hot unlock code that they paid $100 for, for free?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure what you are asking for. Do you want someone to give you the hot unlock code that they paid $100 for, for free?
um no

i called a friend in nevada last night that has the edge on his lb7 and asked if he had the hot unlock and he did i entered it on mine and it works ive got lvl 6 now

·
Registered
79 Posts
um no

i called a friend in nevada last night that has the edge on his lb7 and asked if he had the hot unlock and he did i entered it on mine and it works ive got lvl 6 now
Um, Yes. Anyway, that doesn't make any sense as I believe the unlock cods are based upon the unit serial number; similar to the Soundex System. My point was Edge spends a LOT of money on R&D and if folks expect them to be around in the future they need to actually pay for the product...

·
Registered
186 Posts
The hesitation is the shift defueling setting, you can set it for all locked shifts, overdrive shifts or no defueling at all. The manual is available for download on the Edge web site it has good info and you can get the best out of your product by reading up on it. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts