Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering what would be a better choice to buy. Truck is completly stock except a MBRP 4" duals. It's a daily driver use it for towing a 30ft enclosed snowmobile trailer. I am just looking for something to give me some more performance without having to do crazy modifactions. Also has anyone mounted the PDA in there truck that has some photos

thanks
John

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I thought about theBanks & the pda, but couldn't find much on it for the lbz. I've got the PPE Excelerator in mine with silverline 4" system and it runs good. I personally don't like the edge. Remember every time you adjust the tune the tranny has to relearn for a few miles. I like my tuner. easy and it can go up to 350 extra with some more mods. I just have it on 90hp Now.

Ryan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks aagar, i also heard that the allison will only take 80 more RWHP in its stock form.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished the install on my 6-Gun with PDA. If you would like me to send you some pics of the install, I would be more than happy to. It was pretty easy and performance-wise it is very impressive. I'm not trying to run a racetruck, I just wanted some better mileage and versatility. As for the Allison, it can handle a hell of a lot more than 80 hp more than stock. You just need to be well discipline about allowing it to learn the new power curve.

My brother is running the PPE Xcellerator on his '04 LB7 and he is getting almost 30 mpg. That's being calculated without even considering that his tires are oversized as well.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm also running the ppe and i love it and on my 05 dually i get aroung 22 to 23 mpg on the highway runnin empty verse stock i was getting 16,i have heard decent results from the banks products but i personally don't like their products..good luck on your decision

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks guys. Yeah cjjonny could you send me pics of the install? I am interested to see how and where you mounted the PDA

·
Registered
93 Posts
I didn't personally care for any of the banks stuff i had. I like my edge so far but i have only had it for a couple of days. I plan on switching to EFI Live when i get some more $.

As far as the ally, that's up to some debate, but if your towing 10k plus you have a programmer and you go mashing on the gas pedal, that's a lot of stress on any trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts