54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs:
2005 GMC Duramax 2500HD
Edge Juice w/ attitude
Modified air filter box w/ K&N
EGR Blocker Plate
Everything else is stock

I've been having problems with the juice w/ attitude. It seems as if the truck doesn't have any power. I jump in my brother-in-laws cummins with a smarty jr. chip set at 70hp and it blows my d-max out of the water even on with the edge on setting 5. Aside from not having much power, there are times where the truck sputters when I'm driving and the check engine light comes on. This usually happens when I get on the throttle a little bit. Thats the biggest problem and the best way to describe it is the truck reacts the same way as if my fuel is gelled up. With time, the truck starts running normally and the check engine light goes away. I'm not sure if I've got hidden codes, lift pump problem, or if its just the juice w/ attitude. I'm probably going to take it out soon and see what happens but I just want to know if anyone has had a similar problem. Please help I don't want to screw up my truck.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
the edge is most likely your problem the edge juice is known for problems on the duramax

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Check the FICM wire harness at the passenger side of the alternator--- it is tied down with a tie strap and get shorted-- lift the harness and inspect the under side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definitely check that out once I get home, thanks jc1843...I'm gonna call Edge today and hopefully they can help me out, possibly switch it out for Edge Evo, heard that was a better programmer.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
If your Trans or Torque converter is slipping Edge wont give it power your truck may be faster in level 1 than 5 if this is the issue.. Just wut i've experienced..

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Honestly the edge is the problem. I just lost my edge and even being stock my truck ran better with out it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Specs:
2005 GMC Duramax 2500HD
Edge Juice w/ attitude
Modified air filter box w/ K&N
EGR Blocker Plate
Everything else is stock

I've been having problems with the juice w/ attitude. It seems as if the truck doesn't have any power. I jump in my brother-in-laws cummins with a smarty jr. chip set at 70hp and it blows my d-max out of the water even on with the edge on setting 5. Aside from not having much power, there are times where the truck sputters when I'm driving and the check engine light comes on. This usually happens when I get on the throttle a little bit. Thats the biggest problem and the best way to describe it is the truck reacts the same way as if my fuel is gelled up. With time, the truck starts running normally and the check engine light goes away. I'm not sure if I've got hidden codes, lift pump problem, or if its just the juice w/ attitude. I'm probably going to take it out soon and see what happens but I just want to know if anyone has had a similar problem. Please help I don't want to screw up my truck.
Too many have had problems with the Edge in their Dmax. You should consider dumping the Edge.

·
Registered
589 Posts
mine shuts the truck off when its raining!!!! freaked me out the first time it happened, lost control of everything (steering, brakes, etc)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Im on my second edge controller box because my turbo timer decided that it didnt want to shut my truck off and fried my ipod relay box, pretty good quality for an 800 dollar piece of equipment id say

·
Registered
589 Posts
ya i'm over the edge, had 2 of their products now and i'm def not a happy customer, the monitor keeps going out so i cant see anything at night. has happened twice now and they want to charge me to replace it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thats weird, I have had all good experiences with Edge.. I only had one technical issue where it tripped my CPS once and put the check engine light on. They swapped out my juice module, and havent had an issue since. Im a big fan of the Edge and the Banks. EFI life and all the other flash programmers are great I suppose, but I really REALLY like being able to read my dtc's on the fly, and the backdown settings if the EGTs get to high, fuel pressure gets low, etc. I just put the new Edge CTS in my 01 Dmax, it has EVERYTHING I need, including the ability to test injector balance rates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
edge problems

I just started having problems withmy edge making my truck stall. I called edge and they told me thay probably couldnt fix it. He said I could buy a new one though. Wow. So I asked if my only option was throwing it in the garbage was my only option, the reply was " I guess so".

Anyone got any Ideas on what I should buy besides an Edge.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just started having problems withmy edge making my truck stall. I called edge and they told me thay probably couldnt fix it. He said I could buy a new one though. Wow. So I asked if my only option was throwing it in the garbage was my only option, the reply was " I guess so".

Anyone got any Ideas on what I should buy besides an Edge.
Matt,

Give me some details. Whats year is your truck? How long have you had the edge on there? Im really suprised that they would tell you that, but also no one has a lifetime warranty on electronics... Call Edge and ask for Bryce, he is their sales manager, he should be able to do whats fair, whatever that is...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had it since o6 and it just started messing up so thats not bad. I guess I should be happy. I just needed help and I guess what i got was the attitude side of the edge. No big deal. Mabey someone had a bad day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i returned the edge and am still waiting for my refund...the edge guys actually were pretty cool with me and let me return it even after 3 months of using it...but i'm definitely going efi live once i get the credit back, i haven't heard one bad thing about it

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
my truck would die also, so i had my edge reflashed and haven't had any problems, like daschae said i'm also suprised at the response you got from them, i was really happy with their service. there are alot of edge haters on this site, and thats ok... but as far as i go edge has been a good product for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is everyone recomending to replace the Edge products? The problem with my Edge Juice is that it started "pinging". Tried changing levels, no help. I was worrying about injectors going bad. Removed the Juice and connected back to stock. No more pinging. I pull a heavy fifth-wheel so the extra power is nice, would replace with some other chip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts