Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So warrenty is just about up on my 07 classic and I decided to do some mods 4inch Magnaflow turbo back, EJWA CTS, and a cold air.....I cant believe I left this truck stock for the better part of 5 years! Couple questions first stock duramax tranny from what I read is good for 90hp my level 5 is only 80hp, so my question here is if your highway driving do you get better milage with the higher levels it doesnt make sense top me but i've actually been told this by people, higher levels more fuel is what I always thought? Second does the Juice let your increase your speed limiter I cant find it in the manual it only shows that the evolution does? Also the boost reading that is displayed i'm assuming that it comes off of the MAP sensor i've only seen it go to about 22psi on level 3 is this accurate?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Higher tunes is not just more fuel. There is a lot more to it like timing. I always ran my hot tunes cause they seem to get the best mileage for me with the edge. As long as you are not hammering down you will be ok. Going down the hwy or interstate you not using 5oohp. Its the hard acceleration that kills the trans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts