Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure exactly which one I have because I bought the truck used. But I called Edge and they said I have the race programmer because it had 7 performance settings and they also told me never go above 5 because I dont have enough supporting Mods, When I set it to 5 I can only hold it to the floor for 2 seconds and then my egt's jump to 1450 and I let off and when I set it on level 4 I can only hold it for 5 seconds before it reaches 1450, sometimes on level 3 it reaches 1450 but most of the time dont. I was wondering what other peoples trucks acted like with this programmer and I also want to know how to lower egt's alot. THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Straight pipe exhaust, downpipe, up pipes. That'll help

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Exhaust has a huge affect. Usually a 100*+ drop in peak egts.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
level 5 is still kinda pushing it

some people run out of fuel rail pressure @ level 5..... some don't.. kind of a hit or miss

even if you did buy a lift pump, you will most likely put your stock transmission into limp mode at level 6.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who sells good straight pipe exhausts, down pipes up pipes. What should I do to check if im running out of fuel rail pressure. Thanks for your replys

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Who sells good straight pipe exhausts, down pipes up pipes. What should I do to check if im running out of fuel rail pressure. Thanks for your replys
Either the truck will cut out and run poorly or it'll throw a code and go into limp mode. One way or another it'll probably be as subtle as a nuclear bomb so you'll know it if it happens. MBRP makes good exhaust and downpipes, and I think profab is the place for uppipes. Idk just go post your needs in the vendor jungle and they'll take care of you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible to save a custom tune on the programmer? If it is I would like to get one made for better mpg because 12mpg sucks

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Is it possible to save a custom tune on the programmer? If it is I would like to get one made for better mpg because 12mpg sucks
No, and 12? please tell me you're towing something heavy

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Is that what the DIC says... Because if you haven't reprogrammed the the ECM for 37's then I think your mpg will be off... But u could be wrong

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either the truck will cut out and run poorly or it'll throw a code and go into limp mode. One way or another it'll probably be as subtle as a nuclear bomb so you'll know it if it happens. MBRP makes good exhaust and downpipes, and I think profab is the place for uppipes. Idk just go post your needs in the vendor jungle and they'll take care of you
It hasn't thown a code yet or gone into limp mode but when the programmer flashs 1450 I let off.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You have a big problem then. LMMs are more efficient than that even with aggressive driving. Has it always been this way? Do you keep up with maintenance? Is that number hand calculated or is that what the DIC tells you?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
just saw your 37s lol that could be part of the reason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that what the DIC says... Because if you haven't reprogrammed the the ECM for 37's then I think your mpg will be off... But u could be wrong
I thought about that but Have looked all threw the settings in the programmer and cant find anything about selecting tire size. Yes the dic says thats what im geting

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I thought about that but Have looked all threw the settings in the programmer and cant find anything about selecting tire size. Yes the dic says thats what im geting
yea don't listen to that thing and just hand calculate it, but you're giant BIG FOOT tires are going to kill your mpgs, if you want better then you're going to have to go smaller

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just saw your 37s lol that could be part of the reason
but i figured at least could get 15 or 16mpg ,it does make alot more black smoke than my dads stock dmax with just normal driving.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yes if you have 37's you shouldn't be conserned with mpg. Haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea don't listen to that thing and just hand calculate it, but you're giant BIG FOOT tires are going to kill your mpgs, if you want better then you're going to have to go smaller
yea but wouldnt my miles be off to bc of the tires, so i could i hand calculate it, i dont know how many miles im driving

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wasn't really that concerned about mpg just the health of the engine, yes i do reglur maintence oil change every 6,000 and fuel filter

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
but i figured at least could get 15 or 16mpg ,it does make alot more black smoke than my dads stock dmax with just normal driving.
yea I doubt it. I mean you've got some biggest tires possible on the truck it's not going to like them very much.

yea but wouldnt my miles be off to bc of the tires, so i could i hand calculate it, i dont know how many miles im driving
What does the edge stop at 35" tires for re-calibrating tire size?

I wasn't really that concerned about mpg just the health of the engine, yes i do reglur maintence oil change every 6,000 and fuel filter
Yea the motor is fine. Just works hard turning those big meats

1 - 20 of 32 Posts