Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Chev 2500 crew cab short box Duramax. I researched programmers on here after buying the truck last spring and ended up going with the Edge CS programmer. I took the DPF off and a buddy of mine brought my truck to his friend to use EFI Live to delete the DPF from the truck computer so I wouldn't get any codes. It was fine as long as I didn't change power levels, but once I changed the power level I started getting the codes for 1) Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit high voltage and 2) DPF soot accumulation. I have to clear these codes via the programmer about every 10 minutes while driving because it goes into Power Reduction Mode. What do I need to do to get my truck going how it should and still be able to change power levels dependent on what I am doing?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
If your trying to change tunes from the edge you can't that's only 01-05 duramaxs. Should I would think just have to get a dsp switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roxyfever,
I am just learning here, so please be patient :)

Is there such a programmer out there that will do what I am looking for, which is to be able to adjust levels as I want with the DPF permanently gone from the computer, or am I trying to accomplish the impossible? I am not looking to race, but want to have the extra power and mileage. I use my truck to plow in the winter and to haul a camper in the summer. The camper is 7700lbs dry. My truck has 123xxx miles now and I am going to have to replace the torque converter due to whatever the previous owner did. Any advice on this too is appreciated.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.