Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Edge Pulsar for 2022??

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Desertfox 
#1 ·
Hello All and Happy Holidays!

New owner of a 2022 Duramax 3500 LTZ and the TPMS system is somewhat ticking me off :) From some general trial & error, it seems I need about 65lbs of air in the rear tires to keep system from prompting a code. Based on my rear axle weight of 3,600 lbs empty, something around 50-55 lbs is more realistic.

I was not planning to purchase a tuner for the truck, but i see the Edge Pulsar provides control over the TMPS sensors, and I am sure I would enjoy the other features as well. Holley shows the system compatible for 20-21 trucks, but no listing yet for the 2022. I have tried to contact Holley but no feedback yet.

Has anyone installed the Edge or another tuner on their 2022 Duramax yet??

#5 ·
Make absolutely sure that they say it works on the '22 models. The CTS3 took a while for them to get a handful of functions to work correctly, and I can tell you that other options to get TPMS adjustment is not there yet (ie., BTDiesel Works). Word is, GM changed the "communications" from CanBus to ethernet, so the commands used in older vehicles don't work on the newer ones. What the model year cutoff for CanBus was, I don't know, although I assume it was '20 or '21, and there's a definite change in '22, as my buddy's CTS3 worked perfectly on his '21 truck, while it did not on my '22 truck.

#9 ·
Unfortunately no updates. I had some other conversations and decided to wait on the install. I have been driving it stock and had waited for a couple loaded bumper pull toy hauler trips. I have the CAI on order so when it arrives, it all going in as soon as I get time...

#11 ·
If you're just looking to modify the tpms warning pressure, you can use Gretio and an obdii dongle like an OBDLinkMX+:

Automotive tire Automotive design Gadget Font Automotive lighting

Set mine to 59psi front and rear, no warnings until it hits 55 iirc. You can set it to whatever pressure you want it to be at. There's a thread somewhere on here with @Snipesy and myself (and a few others too) about how to go about setting the numbers manually within his app.

#13 ·
No, you explained it quite well. My comment is that if you're mainly wanting to adjust your tpms sensors, why spend 800+ dollars for a pulsar lt and cts3 when you can just get gretio and an obdii dongle for around150 bucks?
Of course, if you're looking for all of the offerings a pulsar will give you, then this is a moot point.

• Helpful
Reactions: viper8315
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.