Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ... the question seems pretty stupid but here is the situation. I purchased an 01 DM a few weeks ago. It had an Edge juice w/attitude already installed. I have ran the truck on level 2 since purchase and the truck runs great. I was on the edge site downloading the user manual and read about setting the low boost fuel setting and I thought I would play with that a little. I went in the configuration and it was already set on 5, most responsive and the most smoke. The problem is that I have not see any smoke from this truck at all, not at start up nor on take off. This started to make me wonder if the juice is working so on my way home I set the power level to stock. I honestly did not notice any difference at all in the power or response. The EGTs stayed the same as did the boost. I talked to Edge (Jerry) about this and he told me that since I have a older model there is a very good chance that its bad. He wants me to disconnect it completely and see how it runs. He offered to let me trade it in for a new one for about $350. I know there are some issues with the Edge Juice and the DM but I really like the display and without it I would have to have gauges installed. What other programmer offers the same on the fly features and display?

Could the edge be bad but still seem to work? I have not had any of the other edge problems that have been posted here.

Also, I noticed in the manual that the Edge can not monitor coolant temp or tranny temp for the 01. The tranny temp is no problem since I have the ZF6. I wonder why it can not monitor the engine coolant temp ... I have a temp gauge so the information must be in the ECM.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Edge has had a few issues. Usually warranty covers it but if your is that old then I guess its time to decide.

On the fly adjustability, and power, the Bully Dog/Outlook combo works well.

Also, if you want to use a different chip or programmer, you can install the Quadzilla Commander to use as gauges, and it will monitor Trans temp if you want it to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well ... I unhooked it for about a day and then reinstalled this morning. Its is definitly working now ... WOW. Mine was on the truck when I got it and the build date is 05. I guess it just needed a reset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts