Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one does the general population think is better? I have a 2004 LB7 CC/SB. I have read the edge has been giving some problems so I'm concerned, but with that being said Ialso have a 2002 cummins with traing wheels with an edge and SB clutch. I love the edge in the cummins, if I new it worked as good in the Dmax I would get it with out hesitation. I would appreciate any in put.
Thanks,
Busa

·
Registered
134 Posts
i also had edge on my cummins, no complaints. I had it on my dmax and hated it the dmax didnt like it. The bullydog on my dmax i love it NO WEIRD SHIFTS or hesitations NOTHING like the edge.

·
Registered
134 Posts
remember that's just my opinion but i have had good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have had good luck with both, as well as the Diablosport. I think it really depends on what you want. I like downloaders as they do alot more, but you do still need gauges!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
this is my 2 cents so take it for what it is worth.i ran the triple dog in my 06 lbz and i loved the extra horseys and it preformed very well but i didn't gain any fuel economy so i switched to the ppe and had the same results in power but i increased my fuel mileage by 3 to 4 miles a gallon.i plan on switching to efi live after i do the tranny.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have gotten along well with my juice box, if you don't want to R&R the tranny I would stay with the bullydog or edge, your allison's days are numbered with the PPE and EFI Live. And there's nothing wrong with that just know it going into your purchase.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was just reading the new issue of Diesel Power and banks had an ad on their tuner for the lbz saying it beat the ppe because ppe couldnt be tested on its highest level due to excessive egts. Im not saying that banks makes more power than the ppe or any other downloader but im getting interested in their tuners

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Banks is the king of selective information advertising, and with bending the tests to his favor. As a Banks dealer, I say stay away from 90% of their products.

Demaxin - You are going to want to get your EFI live about the same time as the transmission. Suncoast tells me you need to use it to reset the TCM for the new transmission once you get it built.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Banks is the king of selective information advertising, and with bending the tests to his favor. As a Banks dealer, I say stay away from 90% of their products
I dont disagree with that at all. I do know that some people I know with dmax and powerstrokes run banks on their rigs and they aren't slouches by any means compared to trucks running other brands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts