Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 03 gmc 4 days ago and got my edge juice w/attitude monitor. Its stock besides K&n drop in filter so far. My question is stage 4 or 5 seems like it takes forever to shift the gears almost like its slippin really bad or something? The defuel between shifts is off. Seems really bad in the 1-2 gear shift but still long dead shift for the rest of the shifts. Is this normal? Should i check/change tranny fluids? Truck has 90k miles.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THe allison has to relearn to shift everytime you change power levels, poor shift quality is normal for a few miles after switching power levels! On a stock trans, especially a 90 k trans be careful running 4 and 5 as even on a new trans you are playing with fire on the trans!!!

Try driving about 20 easy miles or so with it on level 4/5 befor pounding on it and see if it shifts better!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Also if the truck has 90k miles on it throw a new spin on filter on it. The previous owner or the dealer you got it from may not have changed it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the edge juice w attitude and leave it on 3..i have 70k on the truck....Yes, i too wanted to see numbers 4 and 5 so i put it on 5 and drove around for about 50 miles....so my tranny could learn it.....went to work the next nite and after going through the toll i punched it at 45 and my truck spun sideways....ever since then ive left it on 3 and i think i will even leave it there when i enter the truck pull this summer... good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
put mine on 4 today for the first time with new exhuast.... i think i blew an injector???? maybe just bad luck who knows ? Back to stock tonight and a trip to the dealer tomorrow...:rockin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have kept mine on stage 4 constantly and i love it. I havent got my exhaust yet but i did have the stock one w/ a straight pipe. In stage 5 racing i have to let off around 70 cuz the egts hit 1350! I have just a drop in gay&N filter. Could this be my problem?? Also in stage 5 it seems like it still takes awhile to shift. Should i turn my defuel during shift off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts