Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Edge programmer on my LMM, been running it on levels #2 and #3 for about a month now. Last night i put it in level #5 to smoke some ricer. It ran good for the first 300 ft and then the motor went in to safe mode. The motor was still running but would not let the RPM's go over 1500, even at full throttle. So i shut it down and let it sit for a few minutes, started it and the check engine light was still on and it was still in safe mode! Tried it a few more times and i got the same results:confused: Needless to say i had to limp all the way home. This is the second time this has happened. I let it sit overnight and in the morning it was fine. I retrieved the trouble codes on the Edge monitor and it said " Fuel rail pressure relief valve performance " I had my friend at StreetShock in Valencia CA call Edge, they said that they know about this issue and their engineers are working on it. And they advised me to put the settings back to stock until further notice. Anyone eles hear of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
LMM Sleeper

I had a similar issue and contacted Edge directly. They said they have a new version of the software that addresses this issue. They are sending me the new edge unit and harness. I will keep you posted as to how it works.

:gearjamin

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any info will help. thanks alot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
not to get off topic, but you got a nice lift going peterson....

what kinda of MPG can you squeeze outta that monster if you're driving conservatively on the highway?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is getting about 11 MPG on average.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I installed the Edge programmer on my LMM, been running it on levels #2 and #3 for about a month now. Last night i put it in level #5 to smoke some ricer. It ran good for the first 300 ft and then the motor went in to safe mode. The motor was still running but would not let the RPM's go over 1500, even at full throttle. So i shut it down and let it sit for a few minutes, started it and the check engine light was still on and it was still in safe mode! Tried it a few more times and i got the same results:confused: Needless to say i had to limp all the way home. This is the second time this has happened. I let it sit overnight and in the morning it was fine. I retrieved the trouble codes on the Edge monitor and it said " Fuel rail pressure relief valve performance " I had my friend at StreetShock in Valencia CA call Edge, they said that they know about this issue and their engineers are working on it. And they advised me to put the settings back to stock until further notice. Anyone eles hear of this?
Has anybody ran into issues with the exhaust filter while running the EDGE?

I was on a long trip about a month ago with the 38' toyhauler running in level 2 and the truck went into limp mode. After clearing the code and getting it going again, the DIC said "clean exhaust filter now" several times. We followed the instructions in the truck manual on doing this, but it kept happening. We eventually pulled the harness out at a gas station and drove the rest of the way home. I have not hooked up the module since then in fear of damaging my emissions system in my truck.

I am running the LMM with a stock truck except for the S&B air intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts