Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed the edge 'w/attitude' in our 2004 lb7. This is a blast! no other performance mods planned yet though. In the next couple weeks, a 6" RCD lift is on its way, and 35" tires. I am really looking forward to learning more about how it works and the different settings. Im interested to hear any reccomendations for de-fuelling percentages and set points? I got a smokin' deal on this product, and I like the adjustability features. I didnt get it to race, not really into that, but I like the extra zip its got now. on occasion, we tow a jeep and trailer, or a couple sleds, so not much super-heavy. Anything to watch for, or keep an eye on => EGT's, Tranny concerns, other drivetrain? etc?????
:cool:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
When i ran my edge i had the egt back down set @ 1250 (off at the drag strip) on a stock trans i would probally have it set to defuel on atleast the 4/5 shift and of course set the low boost fueling to 5 for more smoke:D !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put taller tires on my truck and it KILLED THE POWER. But it looks mean. So don't get upset when it don't run as fast.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
how big of tires did you go? I put 285s on mine and didn't even notice a difference....of course I have always had a programmer on my truck, but I don't always run the programmers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
how big of tires did you go? I put 285s on mine and didn't even notice a difference....of course I have always had a programmer on my truck, but I don't always run the programmers.
I bet they fill out the wheel wells rather nicely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have the BFG 285's and i friggin love the look. i was gonna get the 20" rockstar rims but now that boeing said he has a lot pf power loss i am reconsidering. That plus the 20 has an offset that makes the wheel stick out. Short of getting fender flares, I am not one for that look, it leaves me with the 18's. Plus i dont want too much bigger of a tire. The edge is my tax refund toy for the year so I am looking forward to it :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
also just another question. Are some of you stacking a tune on your computers with a programmer like an Edge?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
also just another question. Are some of you stacking a tune on your computers with a programmer like an Edge?
I am, but not big stacking....I still have a stock tranny, so I don't want to mess it up too soon. Most of the time, I only run one on the programmers with a mild tune...Usually nothing over about 80 hp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
once you start pumping bigger numbers, is a new converter enough or do you need to beef up the tranny? Also when beefing up the allison, i have seen many kits or places where you drop your tranny off and they give you a beefed up allison for like 2000. Is this way enough or do you need to buy a trans from a company that makes them for high torgue and HP vehicles?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
You will have to do a converter and change out the steels in the tranny. Take a look at suncoast's site. They have a kit that if you are comfortable doing tranny work...you can install it yourself. You can buy a complete tranny from them too or go to a suncoast dealer and have them do the upgrade for you on your tranny.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got 20s on my truck, with a 275 tire and 5inch exhaust and a 200hp program in it. I believe i'm slipping 5th gear when i lay into it on a stock converter and trans. I would love for my truck to run 13.00 all day long in the 1/4. So I'm still looking on what to do....Guess i need to tear down the trans.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Yep, You need either an ATS or Suncoast upgrade for the tranny and an upgraded TC...you are going to be looking at about $4000 for an upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
back again, thanks for the feedback. So far, been happy with the extra power from the edge, and I like the feedback info from the monitor. better than a-pillar guages, but thats a personal thing.

to reply to an earlier question, I went to 35" cooper stt tires. they look just like the toyo mt's that Schwabbies sells, and they are about 500 bucks cheaper per set. Went that direction for snow traction, and they work great!!

I have a new problem, and Im gonna start a new thread to see if I can catch some more feedback, it's with the EDGE, so check the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts