Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
how big of tires did you go? I put 285s on mine and didn't even notice a difference....of course I have always had a programmer on my truck, but I don't always run the programmers.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
also just another question. Are some of you stacking a tune on your computers with a programmer like an Edge?
I am, but not big stacking....I still have a stock tranny, so I don't want to mess it up too soon. Most of the time, I only run one on the programmers with a mild tune...Usually nothing over about 80 hp.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
You will have to do a converter and change out the steels in the tranny. Take a look at suncoast's site. They have a kit that if you are comfortable doing tranny work...you can install it yourself. You can buy a complete tranny from them too or go to a suncoast dealer and have them do the upgrade for you on your tranny.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yep, You need either an ATS or Suncoast upgrade for the tranny and an upgraded TC...you are going to be looking at about $4000 for an upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.