Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have the BFG 285's and i friggin love the look. i was gonna get the 20" rockstar rims but now that boeing said he has a lot pf power loss i am reconsidering. That plus the 20 has an offset that makes the wheel stick out. Short of getting fender flares, I am not one for that look, it leaves me with the 18's. Plus i dont want too much bigger of a tire. The edge is my tax refund toy for the year so I am looking forward to it :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
also just another question. Are some of you stacking a tune on your computers with a programmer like an Edge?

·
Registered
41 Posts
once you start pumping bigger numbers, is a new converter enough or do you need to beef up the tranny? Also when beefing up the allison, i have seen many kits or places where you drop your tranny off and they give you a beefed up allison for like 2000. Is this way enough or do you need to buy a trans from a company that makes them for high torgue and HP vehicles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.