Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i installed my switch converted my ecm and completely reflashed my ecm now from what everyones said everyone doesnt put the switch in right so lets start there ive had it apart 5 times and the wire is probably 3/4" into the plug i forced it in with a screwdriver and it will not go any further the red one is the 3rd hole in on the 2nd row down and the black one is the 6th from the end on the 3rd row down. after the ecm has had the full reflash does that mean the tunes are installed? i opened up the file rob sent me and then proceeded to reflash the ecm it fully reflashed counted down from 15 and said it was done ive even tried that twice now. in the efi tune tool program if i click on efi custom calibration on the left had side it shows dsp1-4 ( not sure how that works with 5 tunes, does dsp1 really just number 2 on the switch?) can anyone help me with this its been like 4hrs now...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more thing is i saved robs tune from my email and while already in the efi program i tried to open it and it said something along the lines of bulinary image cannot complete task or something so what i did was i opened robs file straight from my email and the reflashed my ecm that way it said it completed everything so im assuming that that isnt a problem doing it that way?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im honestly not too sure the 1st tune is an optomized stock tune it miiight be a little peppier then stock but that i cant tell still gets about the same boost 26-27 as what i get stock and its the exact same in all switch positions

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can use the Scan tool to verify if the switch is working correctly.

On a DSP5 tune, your base tune (typically your cleaned up stock tune) then DSP1 to DSP4 tunes makes 5 tunes in total.

If for whatever reason your switch fails, it reverts back to your base tune. So hopefully you didn't make your base tune your race tune.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you help me out with how i use the scan tool on the v2 to see if the switch is working? how far in should the wires go into the pins?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Just take a volt meter and hook one side to the ground wire and the other side to the othe wire and see if the voltage changes,if it dont then hook the ground lead on your volt meter to a good ground and read it and see if it changes then.

·
Registered
505 Posts
did you do a full calibration flash? And did you put wires in the right slots you should have to not use a screw driver all you do is put pins in and slide the pink lock in and the make sure they dont pull out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did the full calibration flash i just used my v2 went to the scan tool then the select PIDs and in there it says options.txt not found......

·
Registered
312 Posts
Connect your V2 to your laptop and truck.

Verify that EFI sees your V2 and ECM. To do that open "EFI Explorer" and a little picture comes up on the bottom right taskbar, click on it and another window appears.

Close EFI Explorer and open Scan Tool.

A window pops up to select controller, choose LBZ.

On the PIDS tab, push the button to the left to "open an existing PID selection" and select "Duramax LBZ Imperial"

Select PIDS to monitor, so choose "DSP5 Tune" and "DSP5 Switch Voltage"

Now press the green button at the top left of your screen to connect to the ECM.

When connected, press the yellow button at the centre bottom to monitor in real time.

now select the "Data" tab to view and check.

Something like that. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will try that! it "sounds" easy enough haha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the voltage does not change so looks like ill be checking this out more in the daylight and try grounding to the battery might have put the wire in a little far but i tried driving after every time i pushed it in a little more and it never changed but i guess we'll see

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also on the dsp tune chart it reads non dsp across the board

·
Registered
312 Posts
also on the dsp tune chart it reads non dsp across the board
Means your on your base tune. Switch not working.

Switch voltage should be 4.98V, which is your base tune as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep its reading 4.97-4.98 so i guess its on my economy tune then? would this mean that its just the ground that isnt properly installed or could it still be the red wire? sorry for all the questions but i really appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you probed the red wire and got that voltage sounds to me like the ground isn't seated right.. You can ground it under the dash or to the battery.

Mike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I installed my switch yesterday, and I was also having a hard time getting the wires in. The plugs are shaped a certain way to where the pins will slide in quite easily to where to won't need a screwdriver, just turn them 90 degrees until it goes in easily most the way, and then I used a paperclip to get it in all the way. It's worth it, man the power increase kicks some butt!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I just put my switch in last night have to it got to load my tunes yet hope to get to do that tonight when I get off work on the switch how far do the pins go in? Should you see any on the metal of the pin?

Sent from my DROIDX

1 - 20 of 28 Posts