Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone get me up and running with EFI. I have a PPE Economy Programmer but I wanna give this EFI a try. Dont like way truck runs and tows in number 2 setting. I want to be able to set cruise control when towing and still have enough power to tow were it isnt constantly revin up and down. Im gonna put a pyrometer in the truck and boost gauge. I want to get better mileage towing and daily driving also. My main goal is a little more economy when towing and driving. I like to kick it in the ass every once in a while and enjoy the power but for the most part this truck needs to be making me money so Im pretty gentile on her. I was refered to a fellow who could help me in western pa and after 3 calls and 3 messages and no call back Im moving on even if he does call me back. I got 33's on the truck but no other real modifications. If someone can sell me a tune and explain EFI to me Im pretty confident I can make it work. My time is money so I dont expect anyone to do anything for free but I believe EFI can accomplish my goals for me from what Ive been reading.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I got my efilive setup with idahorob's tunes from Dustin, sickdiesel. Talk to him, he'll take care of you. I'm more then happy with mine, great guys to deal with.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
All three vendors mentioned are outstanding, the best of the best.

Idaho Rob from ATP
Justin Novak from Blue Demon
Nick from Duramaxtuner

They all have had great results and know what they are doing, all while standing behind their product 100%. You can't go wrong whichever option you go with them :thumb

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What must you do to get a return phone call? Wish i could make a living not returning phone calls. 2 vendors and no call back... Hopefully 3rd time is a charm

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
if you can't reach dustin (atp) he's always real good about returning calls.. you have to figure they may also be swamped today..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^yes. it has the tunes on the unit itself from what i understand of the unit. Just plug and play through the screen on the applicable unit.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
How does this setup install in the Dmax? OBDII port with existing ECM?
As nvrvplzd said you get the SPADE with the tuning loaded and you simply plug into the OBD2 port and load the tunes. It is like using a handheld tuner. After you load the tuning you wire up your DSP5 switch and you are good to go.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Not sure if you have called us and we didnt return the call? i apologize if thats the case. I try my hardest to return every call i get but it is hard to if you dont leave a message.

give me a call today if youd like and ill get you taken care of bud

·
Registered
60 Posts
What must you do to get a return phone call? Wish i could make a living not returning phone calls. 2 vendors and no call back... Hopefully 3rd time is a charm
I had a similar thing happen to me only it was via email. I couldn't call because of my work schedule and had my preferred vendor tell me that they would get me some quotes with different options for EFI. After a day or so I would email back and remind them and then they would apologize and say they would do it later. I did this 2 times and figured if they didn't want to take the time to email me a quote I'd go elsewhere. So I am.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Not sure if you have called us and we didnt return the call? i apologize if thats the case. I try my hardest to return every call i get but it is hard to if you dont leave a message.

give me a call today if youd like and ill get you taken care of bud
I know you guys are busy!! I called twice last week, PM'd you once on here, and emailed Rob yesterday. LOL When you get caught up, get ahold of me. :drink

·
Registered
273 Posts
Give me a call. Lets see if we can get you taken care of. 888-563-5143.
Idk if now is a good time to get tunes since justin is so busy, I've been waiting over 2 weeks to get updated tunes sent to me that he said were done on the 5th?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^it's because the freakin techies over in the desert are fucking him out of internet. If he says the tunes are done, they are done, but you have to understand he's currently deployed in the desert....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thats why I said now isn't a good time, he said he is busy over there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So the Spade is like $700 and in addition you need to pay for a tune from the person designing it? And also you need the switch controller. Maybe I am way off but what does this run when all said and done? I have a Banks 6 gun w/ SL and it was free with the truck but if I switch to EFI I want to know a general cost ahead of time. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts