Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my dsp5 switch at my house- drove over to my buddies house to install the tunes with his v2 and the install was successful (supposedly) and went to start it up and the check engine light and glow plug lights were flashing repeatedly probably 2-3 times per second and the truck would not start- the ECM won't let us do anything at all, failed- disconnected batteries for 30+ minutes, still the same them- tried everything we know to do and no luck- looks like new ECM is my only option unfortunately- I appreciate any help-

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed my dsp5 switch at my house- drove over to my buddies house to install the tunes with his v2 and the install was successful (supposedly) and went to start it up and the check engine light and glow plug lights were flashing repeatedly probably 2-3 times per second and the truck would not start- the ECM won't let us do anything at all, failed- disconnected batteries for 30+ minutes, still the same them- tried everything we know to do and no luck- looks like new ECM is my only option unfortunately- I appreciate any help-

Did yall try calibrating the truck back with the stock tune? Who's tunes were you installing?

·
Registered
714 Posts
possibly have dealer reflash back to stock? know it doesnt help right at the moment

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are robs tunes- I know that's not the issue- it has the ECM locked up where we can't do anything to it at all.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Sounds like it has lost the calibration. Have you tried to do a full flash of the stock tune that you originally saved. This would be the thick red arrow to the right

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it won't let us do anything- it won't flash again- its locked up

·
Registered
505 Posts
make sure you check the fuse for the OBDII port... call Rob heard they have great customer service...

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Disconnect the batteries for 10-15 minutes and let the computer reset. Then try to program it again with a full flash.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Did you buy tunes from Rob direct? I would call him, before buying an ECM I would mail hi your old ECM to see if he can recover.

Check your ECM harnesses to make sure they are connected and locked on..

Does your cigg lighter work?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you buy tunes from Rob direct? I would call him, before buying an ECM I would mail hi your old ECM to see if he can recover.

Check your ECM harnesses to make sure they are connected and locked on..

Does your cigg lighter work?
Yes tunes are straight from rob, I'm going to call him first thing in the morning- I talked to him Saturday and let him know about this, we left off at the batt disconnect for 30 mins which didnt work- hopefully we can figure something out- the cig lighter works too-

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Yes tunes are straight from rob, I'm going to call him first thing in the morning- I talked to him Saturday and let him know about this, we left off at the batt disconnect for 30 mins which didnt work- hopefully we can figure something out- the cig lighter works too-

Rob know some super secret squirrel tricks that can save ECMs when they seem to be toast.

When you click status what comes up? Can you post the failure log? Have you tried disconnecting the batteries and then ECM harnesses? Then plug it all back in. Check your fuses as well, maybe you have a popped fuse?

I wish I knew 1% of what Rob did, I'd kick out some more ideas for you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob know some super secret squirrel tricks that can save ECMs when they seem to be toast.

When you click status what comes up? Can you post the failure log? Have you tried disconnecting the batteries and then ECM harnesses? Then plug it all back in. Check your fuses as well, maybe you have a popped fuse?

I wish I knew 1% of what Rob did, I'd kick out some more ideas for you.
Haha that's what I'm hoping for! its not my v2 its my buddies and he's very familiar with it, me not so much- ha I will see if we can post up a failure log tomorrow. I did check all the fuses but I did not try the battery disconnect then ECM disconnect, I will try that first thing! I would try it now but obviously it's still at his house- man I hope we can figure it out!!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I hope so, if I can be of any help, let me know. Rob and team are very knowledgeable though and will hopefully have you fixed up quickly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man- I appreciate it. If I have to get an ECM, where is best place to do that if I can't find one at a local junk yard?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Thanks man- I appreciate it. If I have to get an ECM, where is best place to do that if I can't find one at a local junk yard?

Junk Yard, Rob might be able to help, and there are a few for sale on the forum too. Don't recall years though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found one on here- thanks for the help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts