Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel like a dumbass but i just got the v2 flashscan and the cd with all connectors, i put the cd in and plugged up the flashscan and its not letting me install the v7.5 or v8 installer.. what am i doing wrong

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
vista should be no prob but windows 7 can be a bitch apparently..

dont download the verson for the cd its already out of date most likely get the newest version from efilive.com

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
never had one issue with my laptop (vista)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
its User Account Control, sign in as the administrator if your not already it and download it from the site.

I have windows 7 Home premium and i downloaded it fine from the site to my new computer i built with no problems at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make sure your logged in as the administrator and go to this link Download Software you have to download both versions the EFILive V7.5.5 Build 88 and EFILive V8.1.2 Build 58. These are the instructions I received from Idaho Rob. Hope this helps

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had no problem putting it on my computer(vista). Sorry for no help. i would go with the other suggestions to make sure you are admin and make sure your getting the right download

·
Its just a worktruck
19 Sierra
13,908 Posts
Right click the install program and Run as Administrator

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
You have to read the instructions first before it allows you to download it off the disk. You don't really have to read them just click on the icon and let it load.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Set the install (.exe) to run in windows compatibility mode (right click .exe and go to properties) if your running Windows 7 (any version). Vista/XP shouldn't be a problem unless your running a 64-Bit OS (but the same should apply). Also check the box to run with Admin privilege's if not already checked.

I hope this will help if you haven't already solved it....:drink

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just got back in been working like crazy all day i have vista and am on the admin account i will try out the website tomorrow appreciate all the helpful info

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
downloaded the software from efi site now what do i do next.. didnt recieve any instructions as to what to do.. i also have to install the dsp5 switch any help is appreciated

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.