Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the CTS monitor for awhile and it worked fine. installed EFI Live and then when i turned the truck on the cts said vehicle cant read certain PID's call edge.. blah blah. anyone heard of this?:help

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
CTS Insight or Evolution?

Try hooking to PC and updating.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
go into options and turn on efi live if you have not already done so

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insight. it launches the gauges for a few seconds and then error pops up and it shuts it down, i cant even get into the menu. if i unplug it and plug it back in and set it to "other" vehicle then the gauges work but there is no efi option

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
yeah I would do an update then try and plug'er in

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i plug it into the fusion and try to update it gets to 86% and says unable to write file: vin.xml

puke.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Are you trying to use it as a DSP switch?

Take it in the house, plug into the PC and update it to start.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am, i tres updating it, refer to my last post

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried*

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I had to get a new ECM because I used the cts to correct my speedometer and when you do that it adds a small change of code to the ECM and can only be undone with a reflash from a dealer. I took it to Riley Chevrolet in Jefferson City, MO and they reflashed it with the ECM configuration from a 2003 instead of a 2001 which has a different security system and locked my ECM up. They said it was my fault which clearly wasn't. Wanted $800 I laughed and got one with help via Husker Diesel and installed it in the dealership parking lot and drove away and they looked shocked.. They had it for two weeks and never could figure out what happened. Morons.. I got my ECM tuned by husker diesel and then plugged in the cts monitor and switched it to efi live settings and it worked like a charm

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've heard rumors that some programmers don't like to be on the BUS with other devices. Any chance either of you had an aftermarket Remote Start installed?

Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
818 Posts
remote start totally would not allow my cts to do anything, actually it was the security bypass box, or w/e its called, got the guy to put in a different one and it worked perfectly after that, I believe the one that I was having issues with was an idata, or maybe data link.

·
Registered
135 Posts
iDatalink is probaly the one. I've seen issues with the Flashlogic (same exact modules as idatalink) bypasses. I wonder if the issues people are having with CAN communication are linked to these modules.

-Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem

Im having the same problem with my efi live and my cs insight monitor for like a year and a half. i have efi live through my dps5 switch right now. So what do you think solved the problem? Do you think it was in the tuning? It sucks buying a $300 monitor and i cant even use it :( :help I got my truck tuned at wooster diesel in wooster ohio. We tried different tunes and that didnt work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It ended up being my ECM. The dealership screwed mine up by uploading the wrong factory settings on mine. Also if you use your monitor prior to installing efi live and used it to adjust tire size to make your speedometer correct, that will cause a problem too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so new ECM?

so the only way to fix it is a ecm? how much did you buys your ECM for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts