Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a H&S mini maxx and am thinking about getting efi live. I've looked around on here and it seems everyone runs edge products with their tunes and DSP5 switches. Is it possible to keep my mini maxx and use it to shift my tunes on the fly? or could I install the DSP5 and just use the mini for the gauges?

·
Registered
472 Posts
you cant use the mini max for shifting tunes on the fly, but i am pretty sure you can use the mini max for gauges. if i were you i would call up Rob Coddens at ATP. he is by far the best efi live tuner out there bud and ATP has awesome customer service.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
opinions are like...

I would just sell the h&s and get an insight if thats what your wanting for gauges, youll still need a dsp switch to switch on the fly because switching via the insight wont work on your LMM

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
sorry, that looks worse than how i meant it. I just meant different tuners work for different people. Everybody has an opinion on who is the best, but didnt want the OP to think just because he didnt go with Rob, should he choose not to, that the tuning he recieves will be garbage

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would there be any reason to switch to the insight? isn't it basically the same thing if I have to keep the DSP5 switch anyway? just a screen with gauges

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
would there be any reason to switch to the insight? isn't it basically the same thing if I have to keep the DSP5 switch anyway? just a screen with gauges
Talk to someone like Rob that can let you know if the H&S adds timing on stock. I don't know how this particular unit works.

I wouldn't if the opportunity to add fuel and timing exists with the H&S on top of EFI Live.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sorry, that looks worse than how i meant it. I just meant different tuners work for different people. Everybody has an opinion on who is the best, but didnt want the OP to think just because he didnt go with Rob, should he choose not to, that the tuning he recieves will be garbage
ok lol understandable. i know that there are some great tuners out there, but from all of the reading and searching i have done before i pulled the trigger, i was just letting him know my outcome i suppose. and this statement is in no offence to any of the other efi live tuners on here!! on the other hand however, it might be your best bet NOT to get joe shmo from down the street do your tuning...

in my OPINION like an "asshole" ;) i say GO ATP!!!! lol

no hard feelings Josh :drink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts