Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Should be getting mine today so reading up on the install, what video is for the 06.5 lly with 6 speed...lbz?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I just started having a problem with my switch wanting to spin freely, making it hard to change the tunes. Do most people glue these in. I have it to the left of my steering wheel in the normal spot on the dash piece. When I took it apart it didn't seem like there was glue in it before. Or is there another trick to getting it not to move around?
-Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinkin but it didn't have one. Is that how their suppost to come? It seems like it may still spin but I guess Im off to Weslakes to see.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Putting mine in right now!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thank you for the link. Ive done 3 LLY's and getting ready to do my first LBZ next week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It is easy...once you get the damn things unplugged!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I know if the tune took? I followed the directions and then it said turn the key off, so I did. Am I all set? Any way to check? I haven't taken it out on the road yet.
(Installed a kory willis tune with dps5)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have 2 questions regarding the efi live setup

1. When dialing in a new tune, should the truck be parked, or is adjusting on the fly ok? I would assume adjusting on the fly should be done at low speeds only? :help

2. There is something misaligned with my DSP5 switch-I think it currently feels like there are 8 positions on it, so I'm assuming an indexing tab has come loose, so I'll take it apart & check it out. Do the tunes start on the furthest CCW setting? 1 being furthest ccw then 5 being the furthest cw?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question about my 05 duramax it has the 5 stage efi live on it and when I'm pulling a load up a hill it won't kick down into a lower gear it just dies down till it gets very Low rpm then kicks down. Is that the tune or the transmission??

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
All the videos are down. Anyone have fresh links?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts