Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright guys im in need of some help and a good explanation on what to do. i bought my 07.5 mm duramax a year ago and it already was tuned with efi live dsp5 . I recently got a fass 165, beans sump installed and when i was there i asked about a retune face to face and he told me i would have to find the original shop who tuned it and get them to unlink them from my vin. the problem is that i live in nc and the truck was from florida so my question is will i ever be able to retune my truck and if so how do i go about doing so??? i got big plans for this truck but if i cant retune then idk what im gonna do. please if any of you guys can lead me in the right direction on how to do this considering i already bought an autocal to just load the tunes myself (not doing my own tunes but getting some made) then i will high appreciate it. THANKS GUYS..

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is an open public forum..
Illegal tunes are not discussed here..
You need to look elsewhere, like a different country..
Good luck..

Reactions: BoiseRob

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Your only option is to contact the shop in Florida to unlock the EFILive tunes.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
This is an open public forum..
Illegal tunes are not discussed here..
You need to look elsewhere, like a different country..
Good luck..
Tunes are not illegal. Other "supporting mods" make it illegal. Hes a newbie and clearly doesnt understand that. His mod list doesnt specify anything further so he's still in the clear. It can def cross the line easily, but so far so good. As long as he understands and complies with maintaining all of the emissions related equipment (minimal on his truck) then he is fine.

EFI live gets locked by VIN. Where did you purchase the truck through? Do you know where in Florida the truck lived prior? Any company stickers or names posted anywhere regarding the performance shop? How long have you owned the truck? Our community should be able to help narrow down where to go.

That being said - big brother has made a huge fight against diesel trucks. Many companies who have supported the cause for the hard working guys have been sought out, shut down and issued hefty fines. I wouldn't be surprised if your location has packed it in already.

You may have to go to a dealer for a reflash, then purchase a whole new setup.

Reactions: BoiseRob

·
Registered
694 Posts
You can purchase a autocal have a tunes installed on it & overwrite tunes on ecm. Might have to look north for what you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tunes are not illegal. Other "supporting mods" make it illegal. Hes a newbie and clearly doesnt understand that. His mod list doesnt specify anything further so he's still in the clear. It can def cross the line easily, but so far so good. As long as he understands and complies with maintaining all of the emissions related equipment (minimal on his truck) then he is fine.

EFI live gets locked by VIN. Where did you purchase the truck through? Do you know where in Florida the truck lived prior? Any company stickers or names posted anywhere regarding the performance shop? How long have you owned the truck? Our community should be able to help narrow down where to go.

That being said - big brother has made a huge fight against diesel trucks. Many companies who have supported the cause for the hard working guys have been sought out, shut down and issued hefty fines. I wouldn't be surprised if your location has packed it in already.

You may have to go to a dealer for a reflash, then purchase a whole new setup.
yes i am a noobie haha i admit it but no recollection of who tuned it. i done a history report to try and narrow it down and no luck all i know is it was out of key west florida and was auctioned off in december of 2019 and i bought the truck in march of 2020. i even seen if there was any diesel shops in key west and there was none. may lead me to believe he done it himself as the switch was in a very weird spot

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can purchase a autocal have a tunes installed on it & overwrite tunes on ecm. Might have to look north for what you need.
exactly what i was gonna go ahead and try and do im just trying to further my understanding of how this works as i have been told about 3 different things by different shops which has gotten me all confused as to where i should start

·
Registered
08 silverado 2500 lt2 ccsb h&s minimax and supported addons
6 Posts
I was wondering if a hypothetical question is ok? So hypothetically if someone has the ideal tunes I want/need for my purposes from a reputable tuner would I be able to get an Autocal and buy a new license and get a copy of the tunes he has or would I have to get a license on his Autocal? Or how does that work? These are northern tunes I'm wanting that get great mileage from what he told me and I'm assuming cleaner than hs canned tunes that came with my truck I want clean clean clean northern tunes that get 20-23+ mpg highway and he says 18 towing hand calculated on a 08 dually so I assume my 2500 could do better please forgive my rambling I have a tbi and am a disabled vet on a fixedish income and milage is important to me it says efficient to me and clean. And I need a diesel for reliability for towing and such

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
It would have to be the same year VIN and the original tuner will have to unlock the tuned truck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe I don’t understand your question , but, if you know who the tuner is of these great mileage tunes you want, then why not just contact him and purchase the same tunes. They will send you the tune file to load onto your autocal and then you can load it into your truck.

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
368 Posts
Hes probably in epa jail

·
Registered
08 silverado 2500 lt2 ccsb h&s minimax and supported addons
6 Posts
Maybe I don’t understand your question , but, if you know who the tuner is of these great mileage tunes you want, then why not just contact him and purchase the same tunes. They will send you the tune file to load onto your autocal and then you can load it into your truck.
No he isn't he is very well known and don't know if he'll offer the tunes I want i know he's on here also I believe but I dont think he will sell these tunes anymore

·
Registered
216 Posts
PPEI took care of my built trans tunes, they were great to deal with; can’t remember her name but she walked me through steps and answered my questions, and I had a few.

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
No... but he's a friend. He used my truck to beta-test his tunes before he opened ATP.

301 - 318 of 318 Posts