Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I just sold the Trinity. Picked up a Turbo Back system, and an AFE Intake. I am either going to go with a Black or Mini Maxx, or EFI Live. Question is, by the time I order the EFI Live DSP5, and pay for the install, and buy a EDGE CTS to monitor it, what is all that going to run? I have not done a transgo yet, so I would likely only run an 80 tune. Without having some major upgrades (Tranny, Turbo, etc) is the EFI Live an overkill? I am never going to dump 5k to build a tranny so I can go a little faster. If I want to go that fast Ill jump on the 14 or in the Vette.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
EFILive is never overkill even on a stock turbo stock trans truck due to the way we are able to tune. we can make the drivability, mileage, power, etc and everything much better with fully custom tuning.

we have several different options to get EFILive for alot less that the price of purchasing the v2 with tuning and switch.

if you would like to give me a call tomorrow i can go over several options you now have bud :drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Let Dustin hook you up man.

Their tunes are the best of the best and their customer service is top notch :thumb

You can't get any better than EFI man, even if you choose to go the pre tuned ecm w/ dsp2 option you will never regret it. (cheapest all around option)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
EFI is where its at. Even my buddies grandpa got EFI in his lbz trailer queen for the fuel econ. and driveability.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EFILive is never overkill even on a stock turbo stock trans truck due to the way we are able to tune. we can make the drivability, mileage, power, etc and everything much better with fully custom tuning.

we have several different options to get EFILive for alot less that the price of purchasing the v2 with tuning and switch.

if you would like to give me a call tomorrow i can go over several options you now have bud :drink

Thanks sick, who btw should I ask for?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ask for Dustin dude :drink

you should spice it up some and ask for a pimpnasty playa and see if dustin gets on the phone.. just a suggestion

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ask for Dustin dude :drink

you should spice it up some and ask for a pimpnasty playa and see if dustin gets on the phone.. just a suggestion

:drink

I will!

·
Registered
673 Posts
EFI Live is the way to go. I run EFI with Rob's tunes stock improved - tow-60-80 and 160 with the DSP5 on my stock trans (won't run bigger until I upgrade the trans). Never had issues in a year running the tunes. I use my 80 HP tune for all my daily driving and still get 22-23 MPG on the highway. I use the edge CTS for my gauges, I reallly like the EFI/EDGE set up, works well, very streetable.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ok, I just sold the Trinity. Picked up a Turbo Back system, and an AFE Intake. I am either going to go with a Black or Mini Maxx, or EFI Live. Question is, by the time I order the EFI Live DSP5, and pay for the install, and buy a EDGE CTS to monitor it, what is all that going to run? I have not done a transgo yet, so I would likely only run an 80 tune. Without having some major upgrades (Tranny, Turbo, etc) is the EFI Live an overkill? I am never going to dump 5k to build a tranny so I can go a little faster. If I want to go that fast Ill jump on the 14 or in the Vette.
Another thing to look into is that new set up duramaxtuner has that meyer diesel sells. If I was to do it again I would go that route. For the money you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I"m curious about the EFI / Edge CTS combo--where do folks mount it and whats involved to get the CTS to monitor the EGT and boost?

Is the thought behind the CTS the fact that it is multiple gauges in one, or something else?

thanks

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
The EFI live and CTS Insight is one of our best sellers. The CTS includes a winshield mount or you can get the optional dash mount. The CTS will monitor boost via the ECM, for egt's you install the thermocoupler into your manifold and plug it into the CTS.

Most people like the ease of install on the CTS and the fact it can monitor anything you want.

If I can help with anything let me know.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks Tyler--GM should have given the LMM's a boost gauge from the factory--not sure why they didn't frankly!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I ordered mine threw tyler and could not be more happy with his customer service. Not to mention the fast shipping.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I am stoked about getting mine! Picking up the exhaust and intake this weekend. Will order the EFI probably next weekend. Cant wait!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts