Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys looking for some advice I just installed a 5 inch exhaust on my lly and the truck is to quit I’m trying to get it to sound like my old lly it was loud as fuck had more of a engine noise to it and the exhaust was a lot louder I bought the truck from a dealership so I don’t know what all was done to it but it sounded amazing the vanes cycled different at a idle the old one would cycle quick then go back down to a ver low deap sound on my current truck most of the tunes the vanes make it sound like the turbo is spooling up the only thing I know for sure that did dent between the 2 trucks is the old truck had efi live and the current one dose not have tunes will tuning change the sound of the motor and exhaust? Am I missing something? I also heard about have my piloit injection shut off? What everyone’s thoughts I’m really wanting to get the sound like my last truck did it was the first diesel I every owned and I’m looking to get the nostalgia out of it

1 - 1 of 1 Posts