Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys have a question i have a 06 LBZ I use a 50hp tow tune that I got years ago when Adrenaline truck performance was around and when I’m towing my 7,000 pound camper and using the tow haul mode it’s almost to intense with the exhaust brake and the shift points seem really high and soemtimes doesnt want to shift and I know that’s normal on tow haul mode with different shift points but it’s really noticeable and I don’t use the tune all the time because I’m not always towing I tow the trailer to and from the site once a year and this year a friend came with me who owns another brand truck and pointed it out and I’ve always felt that way but didn’t have another experience to compare it to so it’s leading me to this post, when im in my normal 120hp tune I run it runs flawless and before I hook up to the trailer I put it in the tow tune for about 100 miles so I’m not just switching tunes and hooking up… just looking to see what people’s opinions/ experiences

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like the same thing I have but I pull a 14000 pound trailer not quite as noticeable but i love it. With a lighter trailer really noticeable but I never have to use my brakes. You can turn off and on the tow haul mode and it will helps but I think it's working just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts