Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling to breath with the price of Diesel right now. As you can see from my signature, I have an '06 LLY w/6 speed. Here are the few mods that I do have:

S&B Intake CAI
Straight Pipe

I am avg 13 MPG in town and can get up around 15.5 on the HWY. I have a front-end replacement (so little more weight but shouldn't make a diff), and I religiously change my oil every 5K mi, and the fuel filter every other oil change.

I am looking at getting some sort of programmer to help increase my performance but mainly am concerned with an increase in MPG. I have been doing some research and looking around the DF, and it seems that EFI live tune is clearly the most efficient way to go.

I live in North TX and am wondering if there is any one around this area that knows how to to do the EFI tune or if anyone around here provides the service. Any insight on the matter would be much appreciated, as well as any suggestions and help that any of y'all may have to offer.

Thanks!

· Jank-A-Lank
1,635 Posts
order a pre tuned ecm from either idaho rob (atptrucks.com), or nick at duramaxtuner.com, and replace your ecm with the efi loaded one. no experience needed.

You may have to send your ecm into rob though, could be a few days but its a quick process. Nick has a 350 charge and when you send yours to him to replace the one he sent, he will refund it.

i am in houston, but i have the v2 to load tunes myself.

· Jank-A-Lank
1,635 Posts
i would go with idahorob (rob coddens). by far the best IMO!!
i have robs tunes as well, 6" lift and 35's, on my 80hp tune, i was averaging about 21 mpg hand calculated on a 1.5 hr trip

· Registered
987 Posts
I was getting 20-21 on 35"s with a superchip flashpak. Its only good for @90 hp but shifting and mpg is very good. It delivered the best mpg of the 5 can tuners ive tried.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have robs tunes as well, 6" lift and 35's, on my 80hp tune, i was averaging about 21 mpg hand calculated on a 1.5 hr trip
Wow! So this is all with doing the ECM send in? Not sure how that works. Just send him my computer and he sends me the tuned one??

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have any questions about robs tuning feel free to contact me and I'll get u taken care of :drink
Man I have a lot of questions, but really getting stoked about getting this tune up. So should I just call Rob directly in the morning or do you work with him or something?

· Registered
152 Posts
you can call him directly too, i work for him. i can answer questions you have but if you would like to just call him directly that is great too :drink
I have a couple of questions for you. Will Rob do the same as duramaxtuner as far as charging you to keep your stock ECM?
Can I get just a DPF delete without any power tunes or is that a dumb idea?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.