Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can buy tunes from a different tuner even thought I have tunes already from someone else?

Second question is I have a autocal with a DSP5 switch which the tunes are locked. Is there any way I can switch the autocal out for a V2 and still be able to keep my tunes?

·
Registered
247 Posts
You have to send your autocal back to your tuner and get it "unlinked". Once they do this they will send it back to you and you now have a blank autocal ready for another tuner to link it with their V2. They will email you the new tunes and you'll download them from the email and load them onto the autocal with the EFI software. Once you flash the tunes into your truck it will link itself with your VIN license again and erase your old tunes. This all sounds really complicated but it's really not that bad! Who's tunes are you running now and who are you switching to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks! I have duramaxtuner tunes right now which are great! But Ive heard Idaho rob is really good so I was wanting to buy one of his tunes to try.
It sounds like its going to be more of an ahead then I thought

·
Registered
521 Posts
Free, just go to efilive.com and download the 7.5 & 8 version both. That's what I done!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Your on track bud! Rob's definitely very good, I honestly feel that most people don't realize just how good. Just my $0.02 sense

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great! So let say I get my autocal unlinked and sell it. And then buy a V2 with 2 tunes from Idaho rob. 1. Will I be able to still use my DSP5 switch with the tunes I already have or will I loss them?? 2. Can I use the DSP5 switch to switch between the 2 tunes I bought from rob or would I have to buy the DSP2 switch?

·
Registered
521 Posts
That would be a good question for the guys at ATP, they are very helpful give them a shout 208-685-1000

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Great! So let say I get my autocal unlinked and sell it. And then buy a V2 with 2 tunes from Idaho rob. 1. Will I be able to still use my DSP5 switch with the tunes I already have or will I loss them?? 2. Can I use the DSP5 switch to switch between the 2 tunes I bought from rob or would I have to buy the DSP2 switch?
DSP5 tune has one complete base tune usually stock modified that the other 4 make changes to. You can load/recalibrate the two different DSP5 tunes with the V2. For the tunes you currently have they are licensed to the Autocal/ECM serial number so you will have to ask

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I just switched from another tuner to Rob's tunes and it's the best thing I've ever done for the truck. So much smoother and just all around better tuning. You won't regret it i'll guarantee you that! :thumb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet! If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you to switch??
And did you loss all your old tunes? I feel like if I can't keep my stock tune or keep the other tunes then I just lost all that money

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Deleted lmm needing help in the traction department... Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
500lbs of sandbags at the tailgate, I have about 1200lbs in my bed all the time, truck rides like a Cadillac and takes the curves marked 45mph at 80mph with no white knuckling, of course I do have 1-1/2 sway bars front and rear to help..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I don't mind sharing at all and actually I wrote a review of Rob's tunes in my thread called "The switch from fleece to ATP" if you wanna read more details about it but the total was $300 for Robs 5 tunes with the new VIN license. I lost my old tunes but honestly you probably won't want them again so I wouldn't be too worried about it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, I'm curious on what mpg you get with Idaho rob tunes??

With my duramaxtuner tunes I was getting 22mpg with stock size wheels and tires and no leveling kit. Now that I put on 20" wheels with 305 tires and a leveling kit I get at best 17mpg. This is all on the highway btw

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I don't mind sharing at all and actually I wrote a review of Rob's tunes in my thread called "The switch from fleece to ATP" if you wanna read more details about it but the total was $300 for Robs 5 tunes with the new VIN license. I lost my old tunes but honestly you probably won't want them again so I wouldn't be too worried about it!

Thanks! So its $300 for all tunes so then I can still use my DSP5 switch to switch between tunes right? And that $300 doesn't include the V2 right?

Also, I'm curious on what mpg you get with Idaho rob tunes?? With my duramaxtuner tunes I was getting 22mpg with stock size wheels and tires and no leveling kit. Now that I put on 20" wheels with 305 tires and a leveling kit I get at best 17mpg. This is all on the highway btw

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.