Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new at this what is the big deal with efi live what is this all about difference between the edge or all the other ones?

·
Registered
897 Posts
EFILive lets you tune your truck specific to what you have. Edge and others tune less parameters that apply to all trucks.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
EFI Live > canned tuners

EFI Live tunes from a good tuner is like fine wine compared to canned tuner which would be like Mad Dog 20/20

Yeah the mad dog will get the job done but eventually its going to get you in a situation that embarrasses you

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok what do you do send in your computer and the reset it or do you do it from a laptop or do they send it in a controller?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
EFI Live is a compamy

FlashScan v2 is a tool that allows you to connect to your truck

EFI Live has a few different software applications, one of those applications allows you to download the stock tune on your ECM and make changes to individual tables as you need for your truck. This is more complicated then the average user cares about though. The average user will only use this to flash in tunes created by EFI Live tuners.

EFI Live Tuner - This is someone that creates custom tunes for your truck based on what your specific needs and desires are.

EFI Live is only as good as your tuner, so selecting a tuner is an important decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. You should never select a tuner based on price (high or low), but based on their abilities.

EFI Live with a good tuner is better then a canned tuner that is a generic tune created for all trucks of your specific model. It doesn't account for mods, specific needs, etc...

EFI Live is not right for everybody, but do to it's flexibility it is right for a lot of people. It sounds complicated, but is as easy for an end user as any other tuner on the market IMO.

Read the EFI link Jesse posted and check this link out as well.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/performance-upgrades/78378-age-old-question-tuner-right-me.html

Before you buy anything, ask questions, ask for advice, and most importantly READ, READ, READ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts