Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this all over the place but am still a little foggy on what exactly is EFI Live. All i know is it's software you download into your ecm, can some one give me some details!

·
Registered
262 Posts
from what i heard it is a computer program that allows you to control the ecm

·
Registered
132 Posts
it allows you to custom tune your truck, its pretty cool, u can download the software for free, i have it on my laptop and have been messing around w/ it, its pretty neat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well from what i have read other places, it puts out some serious numbers, and has been smoking the clutches and torque converter in the Allison? Anybody have input on that? I guess if that is the case i will just bite the bullet and buy a suncoast ally first.

·
Registered
484 Posts
if that is the case i will just bite the bullet and buy a suncoast ally first.
Smart move! The stock transmission is not capable of handling big horsepower and needs alot of help when trying to make over 100 extra.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Yes will smoke the trans if you make a big tune for it! Efi live is a windows based program and a interface cable to hook up to your truck. IT can be any power level you want. But at the same time it can brake lots of parts as well if used incorectly!!!
Give Mcrat racing a call for efi he will include a race/ starter tune to go with it!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, tomorrow i plan on getting in touch with suncoast to work out a deal on a tranny, then on to EFI live! Can't wait! I have allways wanted to get into sled pulling, even though it's not real popular where i live, but i just have to take it one step at a time, as money allows:thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
tranny upgrade is a deffinent if you want big hp...i have a ppe hot et 2(350hp)stacked with the ppe duramax enforcer(150hp)and i waiting for my stock tranny to go kaboom..oh ya i just bought a new Stage V tranny it's going in next week,i was hoping to have it in for sat.4-21-07 but it won't happen...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts