Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for stoping in TBB, Dont worry your shold be much faster now it just needs to go on a diet!!!!!!! I beleive yours made more hp than mine depending on how you read the sheets:wink

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah just the truck,

I've got some sugestions from a couple tuners and tried a couple, i think its making more power, and less smoke, slower boost, and quicker spool.

This stuff just keeps getting more and more crazy!!!!:drink

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Between the three of us maybe we can figure this out!!! Bill as soon as you get it up and running send me your stock tune!!! [email protected]
ADam i'll have one for you soon to just gotta get home and get to it!!!

Later
Caleb

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill did you get your efi figured out yet, if not i'll be avalible tomarrow night!!!

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll give ya a call to night, between me and BeagleBuggy we should be able to get it going!!!!

THe pulls went well Adam Got 5th i think!! I didnt place but it ran like a SOB just needed tires. I was the only one of the night to turn out the lights though!!!!!!!!! THe only trucks to beet Adam Were all modified pullers so if it was just a street class he would of had first or second!

Later
Caleb

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm working on tires for westmoreland, but no mater where i placed it was still cool to smoke the lights out!!!!!!! Gotta love EFI Live!!!!!!

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
There is a hp difference i think only 10hp though. The difference is done with the throttle base table! the throttle base table is a set number (mm3 of fuel) determined by rpm and throttle position! THis table determins just about everything in the ecm in one way or another! hand held tuners do not overcome this loss because they only adjust the actuall pulsewidth of the inj. and not as you comand with the go peddle.

·
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
THey actually will build power slower, according to the table. using a ally throttle table will make the truck very jumpy while trying to drive slowly at low rpms! but you can run an ecm from an ally truck it will just throw lots of codes:D !! THe zf files are excatly the same as the ally files except for the throttl table, you could acheive the same power levels just by changing this table alone. ZF files also seem to limit abunch over 3250rpms where the ally files dont so even tuners u get to raise the rev limiter might let you rev highr but there is actually no power being made over 3250rpms, its just reving at that point!

Do you run efi live?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.