Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bigger tires will help you out with the RPM's for sure Caleb. As far as the lights, :peelout you made things even blacker on the vid. :thumbsup I can't wait for Westmoreland to do it all again :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok guys, about the efi live.

they are great dyno numbers,pulls,1/4mile times.

is this maxing the truck out with the mods u guys have or is it still safe/reliable & not pushing it. both? neither?

is there alot more tweeking still to come?:rockin

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok guys, about the efi live.

they are great dyno numbers,pulls,1/4mile times.

is this maxing the truck out with the mods u guys have or is it still safe/reliable & not pushing it. both? neither?

is there alot more tweeking still to come?:rockin
Well the 500 rwhp with Blue is with EFILive, lift pump, shim mod, intake and straight piped. He has 50K on him and the only time he has left me stranded is when the Carter lift pump died :( I am now running a Edelbrock lift pump and from I understand if happens to die. I still will be able to drive home. So far I would say I would have resale value. Of course I have the a MikeL trans to hold the power.

Casper on the other hand at being at 674.6rwhp, 1378ftlb we don't know how long the stock motor will hold it. But we are going to find out :rockin

·
Registered
25 Posts
dude, that is some serious stuff!!! EFI live is something im putting alot of thought & time into getting!! hopefully some serious study time & a little help from some other users here, it could turn out pretty good.

well, i better start saving for a trans now &
also think of a good way to tell the wifey all the money i spent on go fast..... ahh i mean sound cool/better mpg parts..........makes me spend even more for a trans i blew-up from/with those parts.

she is great & lets things slide, but shes no dummy!!:rolleyes: she knows my vehile history record all to well.:D

she would even say something sacastic: "use ur OWN money(side jobs) to fix UR truck U blew-up....... like u always tell everyone honey, u pay to play". they she walk away smiling:eek:

sorry for babble, its late,im little delerious!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I'm a dudette :tease

But you see that is where McRat has the advantage. He got me into drag racing and created a monster :rof

$hit is going :blowup that is the nature of the sport.

Heck my 6 day old new truck already has mods :eek:

Opps busted by the smiley police I can only have 4

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello there,
I just found this site, and I LOVE IT!!!! Beats the heck out of dieselplace:ar15

Anyway I have work full time, and tune D-Maxes on the side.
I have EFIlive Workshop and have a pretty good knowledge of the program and what it can do.

Currently I'm tuning a 2004.5 LLY Crew Cab Short Box 4X4.
The owner wanted a drag tune made for it, so We played around till we got a pretty good tune made for it. installed FASS fuel system, egr blocker,intake
as of right now it will do a 0-60 in 5.9 seconds:rockin
But now the customer is saving for a suncoast tranny and were waiting to see what kind of times we can get with it installed.:gearjamin

I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

regards,
Josh

·
Registered
5 Posts
05_LLY,

With using EFILive, what are the differences that you have seen between the stock 05 LLY ECM programs for the ZF6 and Allison?
What did they do to lower the torque by 80+ lbs, but keep the HP the same?

jc

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
There is a hp difference i think only 10hp though. The difference is done with the throttle base table! the throttle base table is a set number (mm3 of fuel) determined by rpm and throttle position! THis table determins just about everything in the ecm in one way or another! hand held tuners do not overcome this loss because they only adjust the actuall pulsewidth of the inj. and not as you comand with the go peddle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks.
So can you take a calibration that was developed on an Allison ECM and run it on a ZF6 ECM (???with minor adj. for lack of communication from the transmission???).

Also, is the stock ZF calibration set up for more power at low RPM's, say around 1,000rpm, or do they build power at the same rate?

jc

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
THey actually will build power slower, according to the table. using a ally throttle table will make the truck very jumpy while trying to drive slowly at low rpms! but you can run an ecm from an ally truck it will just throw lots of codes:D !! THe zf files are excatly the same as the ally files except for the throttl table, you could acheive the same power levels just by changing this table alone. ZF files also seem to limit abunch over 3250rpms where the ally files dont so even tuners u get to raise the rev limiter might let you rev highr but there is actually no power being made over 3250rpms, its just reving at that point!

Do you run efi live?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.