Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Duramax with a 4" Rancho Lift and 35" Tires it has a MBRP exhaust kit and EFI Live I bought my tunes and Auto Cal from Starlite Diesel. The other day I was messing around with a co worker in the same truck as me except bone stock driving down the interstate and he was able to hang with me and almost pass me and I was on a race tune. I am not pleased at all with the tunes I have always had a diesel with Bully Dog tuners and had lots of power and speed with plenty of black smoke. Any Ideas on where to get better tunes

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Well call kory at ppei and get his tunes but your not gonna get black smoke your gonna get clean power

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Come on dude. You can't even be serious about comparing EFI tunes to bully dog. Starlite builds great tunes.

Troll.....

·
Boost, Boobs, and Beers
240 Posts
Long Horn fab shop. Get a lope tune while your at it...

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
O god dont give him ideas lol

·
Boost, Boobs, and Beers
240 Posts
:neener

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can't compare Bully Dog to EFI Live

You may want to data log your truck to make sure everything is up to par with it mechanically and send a log of your truck to your tuner and see if he can adjust it accordingly!

If you are looking into power and clean tuning to optimize the trucks potential give me a call at the office and we can point you in the right direction!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I don't know enough about EFI live to compare it to anything sorry I have had diesels with a chip or programmer since 2001 but never had EFI Live so a lot of it is over my head. When you guys say clean power is this a environmental thing or is it just better for your truck not to have all the smoke? Again thanks for your replies

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Both all black smoke is is unburnt fuel that causes premature wear to your motor and actually decreases your power when you can run wot and have a slight haze it runs like a beast if you want call kory and get a set of tunes from him it will make the truck a new animal

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
I have a 2009 Duramax with a 4" Rancho Lift and 35" Tires it has a MBRP exhaust kit and EFI Live I bought my tunes and Auto Cal from Starlite Diesel. The other day I was messing around with a co worker in the same truck as me except bone stock driving down the interstate and he was able to hang with me and almost pass me and I was on a race tune. I am not pleased at all with the tunes I have always had a diesel with Bully Dog tuners and had lots of power and speed with plenty of black smoke. Any Ideas on where to get better tunes
You need to data log the truck and make sure the dsp switch is functioning properly. I'm betting it is not if you were on the "race" tune and you almost got beat.

Also send Zach some logs, he will get you taken care of. Trust me. Zach tunes some of the fast trucks in this country. He tunes everything from stock to a hair over 1900 horse.

Do some trouble shooting before saying you are unhappy.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
OP you got other issues. other than the tunes... Any bully dog is hardly a power maker for these trucks..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Who's Zack?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Was other truck tuned and on stock size tires?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts