Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
efi live now has dsp5. a 5 position switch which allows you to prorgram five tunes into your ecm.

·
Registered
97 Posts
why would that cause chaos on the tranny

·
Registered
191 Posts
He pry doesnt have a trans built to handle the power. Im assuming thats what he means. My dream is to have EFI live someday but i'm still alittle skeptical on whether I would be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does anyone have some opinions or expierence that they can share with me about EFI live? thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
EFI live is the best thing ever for the Dmax.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey psycho, does the dsp switch damage the tranny?

·
Registered
845 Posts
If the tunes are built right it will not damage your trans.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how do you switch them. do you have to put the truck in neutral does it have to be off or running? can you do it at a red light if you are on a economy tune and want to switch to a racing tune to race real quick?

·
Registered
845 Posts
You can be driving down the freeway and switch tunes if you want. I use the DSP switch fro my race tune and a smoke tune that is it. My race tune gets 23MPG and I also have towen 15000lbs with the race tune and no problem. I do not like to run a bunch off different tunes in my truck. My race tune is a very clean tune and does not smoke so I have a smoke tune if some ass hole is tail gating me I just turn the know lay into it and smoke his ass out then turn the know again and I am back to my race tune. My race tune is everything to my economy tune, tow tune, and race tune. If you build a nice tune like mine or have someone build one for you like it there is no need to switch tunes unless you want a smoke tune like I do.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I currently have an 04' LB7 right now and i'm wondering before i decide to buy efi live should i sell my truck and try to find an 05' or newer with the VGT turbos? I'm assuming it will give you more control of your turbo for better power options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOL has anybody looked to see when this thread was started? A lot has happened with EFILive since then.

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
very true,EFILive has alot to offer but it takes a little know how..since we are off topic on a very old thread i'll throw this out also..does the DSP switch come for the LBZ and LMM and if so does it come with the DSP2 or DSP5?

on a side note the guy that started this thread last ativity was 11-9-07..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last I heard the DSP switch hasn't been made available for the LBZ/LMM yet, but the EFILive Team is working on it. This will be a major plus if they can get the switch up and working.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
No switchable tunes as of yet for the LBZ and LMM.

"duradude" the LB7 is a good engine, might have a bit more lag than a LLY, but no reason to sell it just for that. Tuning has a lot to do with how they drive. If you do sell and upgrade, get a LBZ.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts