Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, this may sound like a really stupid question, but that's what forums are for I guess. Is it possible to have my truck tuned with EFI Live from a performance shop with their custom tunes without having to buy the software? Sorry, I am just confused as to what the purpose of buying the EFI Live V2 software is. I am guessing it is for the DIY guys who want to tune their own trucks with unlimited tunes? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!:rockin

· Registered
848 Posts
you can get a pretuned ecm but if you plan on doing any bigger mods down the road you are going to want the v2 so you can change the tunes or switch them out for something that will support your mods instead of having to buy it down the road or send your ecm in to get retuned.

· Banned
2,872 Posts
Just in case even the slighest thing needs to be adjusted down the road.

Like blocking an EGR.
Getting newer different sized tires
Delete the IAH
Read and clear DTC's
Data log your truck to pin point a problem

Plethora of reasons to have one....

· Registered
143 Posts
its worth it in the long run to get the whole set up cause then you can load your own tunes unless you have someone close by that has no problem doing it for you. but like mentioned above its nice to have when your trying to trouble shoot the truck cause u can read all the engine data on it.

· Registered
890 Posts
if you get it tuned from a shop it should be like $500. Good luck finding someone legit to do it for 300$. If you get a shop to tune it make sure they dyno it for you.

· Banned
2,872 Posts
Rob is legit... pretty sure he charges around that if you were to show up at his shop.

DSP5 and a V2 is around 1,000 bucks from most tuners...

Thats 200 for tuning.

· Quicker Then Brian!
12,722 Posts
oh i never said you did and you've been very neutral in most of the threads ive seen and that's a good thing. the last thing we need here is more salesmen.

i just wanted to make the OP aware that the usual deal is buy the v2 and get 2 free mild (stock trans safe) tunes. From most tuners anyway.

· Banned
2,872 Posts
He is looking for somebody local.. Not pushing my product here... Just posting some info;):drink:drink

Didn't intend for it to sound like I was pushing my product, I will edit my post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.