Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys :) maybe some of you who have a v2, and a couple of minutes maybe could check out a log i did the other day. started the truck cold and went for a drive down the interstate. pretty much i am not wanting to accept the pending injector job because i need a transmission too. so if you guys could check it out and let me know what you think, no fuel in oil and no loss of coolant
View attachment drive1 - Copy.zip

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Will not download!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damnit to hell, lol i don't know how else to upload it...and i know how to dustin, just wanted to get some second opinions :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm sorry I can't really help you with deciding if the injectors are bad or not, but I downloaded the log and checked it out. I'm just trying to get more familiar with logging etc as I just got my v2 and software. My dad and gramp both have lb7s so I'd like to know what to look for in the injectors as well. When you look at this log are you looking at the Data(F9) page, or actually make out a chart on the Dashboard(F10) page, and watch the whole thing? I see that the avg desired and actual rail pressures are pretty close. I also see that injectors 1,2,7,8 max or min is over 4, but how do you tell if this is in drive or park to tell if it is in the +or-4 in park or+or - 6 in drive range?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn some.. If somebody that knows how to look at the log and tell could PM me or something so I don't derail the OPs thread would be great.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry I can't really help you with deciding if the injectors are bad or not, but I downloaded the log and checked it out. I'm just trying to get more familiar with logging etc as I just got my v2 and software. My dad and gramp both have lb7s so I'd like to know what to look for in the injectors as well. When you look at this log are you looking at the Data(F9) page, or actually make out a chart on the Dashboard(F10) page, and watch the whole thing? I see that the avg desired and actual rail pressures are pretty close. I also see that injectors 1,2,7,8 max or min is over 4, but how do you tell if this is in drive or park to tell if it is in the +or-4 in park or+or - 6 in drive range?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn some.. If somebody that knows how to look at the log and tell could PM me or something so I don't derail the OPs thread would be great.
oh its cool dude, i pick my pids in f8 and view/log them on the f9 page, thats how i do it...i was stupid too about telling you guys when it goes in drive/reverse, about 5 seconds into it is when i throw the old girl in reverse, i guess if you don't know you could go off rail pressure?

this is kind of a somewhat big deal for me, i am making a trip from maryland to california in 2 weeks and i am going to have some money after said trip, i got a decision to make though: do i do the tranny now and get it out of the way while i can or do i do injectors even though theres no fuel in oil/loss of coolant? i mean a tranny can leave me stranded, and it will run on bad injectors, just not ideal you know?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Was this in park?

Injectors don't look good.

IIRC, you already did the injector clean right?

Edit... Next time leave it in park.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
oh its cool dude, i pick my pids in f8 and view/log them on the f9 page, thats how i do it...i was stupid too about telling you guys when it goes in drive/reverse, about 5 seconds into it is when i throw the old girl in reverse, i guess if you don't know you could go off rail pressure?

this is kind of a somewhat big deal for me, i am making a trip from maryland to california in 2 weeks and i am going to have some money after said trip, i got a decision to make though: do i do the tranny now and get it out of the way while i can or do i do injectors even though theres no fuel in oil/loss of coolant? i mean a tranny can leave me stranded, and it will run on bad injectors, just not ideal you know?
How bad is your trans? What part of Cali?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was this in park?

Injectors don't look good.

IIRC, you already did the injector clean right?

Edit... Next time leave it in park.
How bad is your trans? What part of Cali?
yes sir i most certainly did the injector clean, and i am in northern california and the man i have talked to about building my trans comes recomended by nor cal nick and a few others, rpm motorsports, they do a lot of duramax work and i have yet to hear a bad word about them. i really don't know what i should do here lol
now i know it won't make a difference but i did change the fuel filter later that day and i got some diesel kleen to run through it, but i'm torn on what i should do

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bumpin this piece up

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump again:)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
So I take it you've limped your trans countless times now so it's basically shot, thus the dilemma of which to do? I think that's what Tony was trying to ask.. as to what condition it is in currently

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
FWIW I would evaluate your budget and do the injectors now with a bigger tip recommended by Rob and then have Mike L build the trans. I'm not familiar with the other company and I'd hate to see you have a catastrophic failure when you got back to MD or got to your next station.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Imo the trans is more important, the injectors won't leave you sitting in the middle of the night on the way to CA.....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I take it you've limped your trans countless times now so it's basically shot, thus the dilemma of which to do? I think that's what Tony was trying to ask.. as to what condition it is in currently
yes!
FWIW I would evaluate your budget and do the injectors now with a bigger tip recommended by Rob and then have Mike L build the trans. I'm not familiar with the other company and I'd hate to see you have a catastrophic failure when you got back to MD or got to your next station.
either way i'd have enough money to seek mike l services, its just a matter of who i do it with or what i do it with

1 - 16 of 16 Posts