Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cannot find what I am looking for. I am trying to justify the purchase of EFI V2. I will not be doing much (any) tuning myself but will purchase tunes.

My main question is more on the scanning side. I am in need of a scan tool and thought that this may be a good solution for both tuning and scanning DTC's. My question though is what all scanning capabilities does the V2 give you.
Does it scan things like ABS systems?
Is it for GM vehicles only or can it scan anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Well EFI in general only is used on GM and Dodge trucks. So I'd think that at the most those are the only two vehicles it could possibly work on. And seeing as how you're licensing etc is set up for a GM truck I think it'll probably only work on GM. That is simply my deductive reasoning, I could be way off base.

But the V2 should scan any possible code you have pop up no matter what it's for

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought the tuning portion was limited to GM and/or Dodge just wasn't sure about general scanning of DTC's.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Afternoon bump. Anyone else know for sure if the V2 can be used to scan DTC's on other vehicles?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dustin! That is going to make the decision a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I have never gotten mine to scan on Ford. I was told that it would only do GM. Software upgrades my allow for Dodge now?
Any more clarification would be great.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess the question is still out there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:popcorn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts