Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine sent me a tune , do i have to put my vin number in the box where it says vin ?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Do you just want to load it in your truck?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea chase that is all just load it in there and try it out , i jus got my v2 in and nick at dmax tuner cant make my tunes till late weekend if not til monday so im so anxious to get it going

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
license the flash scan to your ecm open the tune and program it in, the only time ive entered my vin is for the scan tool

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok but how do i do that ? and the tune he sent me next to vin it says N/A

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
ok but how do i do that ? and the tune he sent me next to vin it says N/A
hook the flash scan up to your truck, pull your stock tune off your truck, then when you go to flash his tune in your truck it will ask to to license the vin

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok and thats 1 license gone right and ill never have to license my truck again , and i will use the other on a nother friends truck , so thats both licenses gone

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
ok and thats 1 license gone right and ill never have to license my truck again , and i will use the other on a nother friends truck , so thats both licenses gone
correct, you can also do tcm tunes for each truck aswell if you want to get in that deep

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure how to do that , and i dont have any tcm tunes , does that work well on stock trans'

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
beech made himself one, and i made myself one yesterday and it seems to do better with the trans go jr in, and beech is runnin a 5 speed so we'll see what happens :rof

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
beech made himself one, and i made myself one yesterday and it seems to do better with the trans go jr in, and beech is runnin a 5 speed so we'll see what happens :rof
going for low 13's sometime in the next week:cool:

on an already limped trans:eek:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
serious question here beech, how many times have you limped your trans?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
honestly...ive lost count. well over 50. probably closer to 100. is been like this for nearly 2 years now...no one can believe it still drives

·
Registered
376 Posts
honestly...ive lost count. well over 50. probably closer to 100. is been like this for nearly 2 years now...no one can believe it still drives
Beech,
Were all the limps before or after your TCM tune?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
holy shit 100 times limped , wow

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Beech,
Were all the limps before or after your TCM tune?
i haven't limped it since but thats only because ive learned when to get out of it so it doesn't limp...the TCM tune just lets me get more out of it before the inevitable happens

1 - 18 of 18 Posts