Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if I could use EFI Live V2 to read codes and sensors on other OBD2 vehicles? Or do you have to have a license for every vehicle?

I don't have it yet, it's looking like it'll be June before I can get it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I used it on my friend's 98 suburban with gas engine, then I used up my 2nd license to get rid of his "cat failure" code. Don't need a license to read the ecm, just to flash it. At least that is my understanding.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can you run a log with the scan tool without using a license?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Define "supported vehicle". Is it just duramax's or? Can I use it on my wifes montana, or my sunfire?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Define "supported vehicle". Is it just duramax's or? Can I use it on my wifes montana, or my sunfire?
I believe it is Just GM vehicles that use OSB II Port.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think there is a list of supported vehicles at Efi's website... I know I've seen it before

·
Registered
625 Posts
pretty sure what he meant by " any supported vehicle" was any obd2 vehicle if your just reading codes. prolly domestic only though

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
pretty sure what he meant by " any supported vehicle" was any obd2 vehicle if your just reading codes. prolly domestic only though
na theres actually a list of vehicles it will work on....it can be found here

Supported Vehicles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.