Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my EFI Live from Rob and used it to my tunes in it that he made me! First off, Rob did a great job and was very helpfull!!! I would reccomend him to anybody looking into EFI!

So, I bought it with the intention to learn how it works and build my own tunes. Truth is, Rob did such a great job and I have run completely out of time to learn how to do it myself! So, as much as I want to keep it, I am selling it so that someone can USE it!

I bought it about two months ago and still have the box. This is JUST the flashscan and all of it's parts. NO DSP SWITCH! That's in my truck! :gearjamin

I bought it from Rob for $799 only 2 months ago and am asking $650 for it. I wanted to let the good people here on DF hear about it first before I put it on ebay in about a week.

Please let me know if you have any questions about it or anything!!

Thanks
Take care

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please forgive me for the elementary question but how do I find out if there is a lic left or not? Honestly, I just followed Robs instructions, loaded my tunes, and then put it back in the box!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
How many trucks have you tuned with it? It comes with two lic. If you only tuned one truck then it should have one left still.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Dang. You might wanna start an auction for that lol. Somone will scoop it up quick :D

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, well I only did my truck with it, if that tells you all anything! HHHMMMM? An auction doesnt sound bad! LOL

Is there a way to check the lic out on the V2 just to make sure?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Ok, well I only did my truck with it, if that tells you all anything! HHHMMMM? An auction doesnt sound bad! LOL

Is there a way to check the lic out on the V2 just to make sure?
I also have an LLY so here's my question. Could I load your tunes onto my ECM? Also I'm also in SoCal, so I could drop off cash if the earlier poster doesn't want it...

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't exactly know if that would work.....maybe someone else in here could answer that for you! Sorry

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
all you have to do is read his stock tune from his truck and the tunes you got from rob and see if they are same OS if they are it will work. but IMO i dont think rob would like that.. lol

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I also have an LLY so here's my question. Could I load your tunes onto my ECM? Also I'm also in SoCal, so I could drop off cash if the earlier poster doesn't want it...
Technically you could if both are LLY's and both have the same operating system.

Now as far as should you, I would say no, unless you either get permission from Rob, or pay him. He sold the EFI with the tunes to MRCapps and tunes that are bought/given like that should not be shared, with out talking to the tune builder first:drink

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Technically you could if both are LLY's and both have the same operating system.

Now as far as should you, I would say no, unless you either get permission from Rob, or pay him. He sold the EFI with the tunes to MRCapps and tunes that are bought/given like that should not be shared, with out talking to the tune builder first:drink
beat you to it jim :D :p

·
Registered
926 Posts
Please forgive me for the elementary question but how do I find out if there is a lic left or not? Honestly, I just followed Robs instructions, loaded my tunes, and then put it back in the box!
Open EFI tune tool, hook your v2 up with the USB cable, then click on help, then V2 licensing, wait a few seconds, and it will tell you if any are avaidable, yours probably has a number under the 1st row of engine, and the other 3 say avaidable, that means you have a licsense left, and can still tune your TCM.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts

I would have no problem paying rob (IdahoRob)? I was going to buy EFI and have him build my tunes anyway....:drink

·
Registered
926 Posts
My take on it is, the first two licsense (the 2 it comes with), can and should be used however the buyer wishes. After that buying more licsenses and flashing with the original free tunes should be off limits.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
The beauty of custom tuning is that the tunes are built for a specific truck. You'd be a idiot to buy efi live with someone else's tunes (as in not getting what efi is designed to deliver).

Your V2 has 2 licenses in it (2 for the tcm and 2 for the ecm) if you tuned your truck, there will be a tcm and ecm license avail. prolly another tcm license avail in this case too.

Talk to rob, he will prolly work with you on getting a tune for YOUR truck (the buyer).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts