Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really want to put EFI Live on my truck and keep my my edge for the turbo timer cold engine protection. Is it possible to use both systems if I just use the edge to monitor the parameters? Please let me know what you think or any suggestions other than dump the edge. I want to keep both and I am looking for opinions/suggestions to achieve this goal. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you have to have it hooked up too but you can still set it too stock and not use it turned up. I mean I already have it hooked up, set up and I have the overhead mount for it which has two switched which turn on my PIAA fog and driving lamps. I just want to tune some minor things like the elevated idle's ambien temperature and the tire size in the computer, I want to be able to manipulate the turbo and fuel setting and so forth. I am also going to start working on the fuel system as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Setting it to stock still adds timing so. It isn't good. Unless ur tuner takes off the timing from the efi tunes
So all I need to do is make sure who ever tunes it take in account the additional timing and counter acts it? That what I kind of figured. I am to find a dyno around here so I can learn how to tune it myself. I want to make different tunes and make on that the tranny will automatically begin to downshift and slow down itself kinda like the towing mode but slightly more aggressive. I also want to make the turbo a little more pro active when accelerating.

·
Irish man
320 Posts
I did a similar set up but with PPE standard and BANKS PDA ended up getting rid of them and puting in autometer gauges with ROBS ecm EFI is untouchable hand down!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i can see how u dont wanna have to buy other gauges. but i dont think the part where the cold engine protection will work when u add a EFI tune.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Just order EFI and you will see you do not have any need for the edge anymore. I realize the gauge part is handy. I have not personally experianced the timing thing with a stock setting but guys here swear by it. You can try is all I can say. It will not mess up your motor. I am not sure how they will behave together. Once you get the EFI set up you can log a few runs and see how the edge is affecting the programming

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is possible to run the Edge Juice with EFI live, many guys around my area are doing it and i run EFI live with banks 6 gun.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yes its possible.......But I would not run both on my truck!!! EFI is the best there is and you will be so happy with it! I know that the EDGE has the moniter and you dont want to spend the money on gauges but I wouldnt even have the EDGE be anywhere near my truck since it shut my truck down before and now that I have EFI

·
Registered
12 Posts
EFI is the best hands down! The Juice is a nice monitor though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.