Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really want to put EFI Live on my truck and keep my my edge for the turbo timer cold engine protection. Is it possible to use both systems if I just use the edge to monitor the parameters? Please let me know what you think or any suggestions other than dump the edge. I want to keep both and I am looking for opinions/suggestions to achieve this goal. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i thought with the edge juice u couldnt use the monitor unless u had the box hooked up to it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you have to have it hooked up too but you can still set it too stock and not use it turned up. I mean I already have it hooked up, set up and I have the overhead mount for it which has two switched which turn on my PIAA fog and driving lamps. I just want to tune some minor things like the elevated idle's ambien temperature and the tire size in the computer, I want to be able to manipulate the turbo and fuel setting and so forth. I am also going to start working on the fuel system as well.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Setting it to stock still adds timing so. It isn't good. Unless ur tuner takes off the timing from the efi tunes

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Setting it to stock still adds timing so. It isn't good. Unless ur tuner takes off the timing from the efi tunes
So all I need to do is make sure who ever tunes it take in account the additional timing and counter acts it? That what I kind of figured. I am to find a dyno around here so I can learn how to tune it myself. I want to make different tunes and make on that the tranny will automatically begin to downshift and slow down itself kinda like the towing mode but slightly more aggressive. I also want to make the turbo a little more pro active when accelerating.

·
Irish man
320 Posts
I did a similar set up but with PPE standard and BANKS PDA ended up getting rid of them and puting in autometer gauges with ROBS ecm EFI is untouchable hand down!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i can see how u dont wanna have to buy other gauges. but i dont think the part where the cold engine protection will work when u add a EFI tune.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Just order EFI and you will see you do not have any need for the edge anymore. I realize the gauge part is handy. I have not personally experianced the timing thing with a stock setting but guys here swear by it. You can try is all I can say. It will not mess up your motor. I am not sure how they will behave together. Once you get the EFI set up you can log a few runs and see how the edge is affecting the programming

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is possible to run the Edge Juice with EFI live, many guys around my area are doing it and i run EFI live with banks 6 gun.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yes its possible.......But I would not run both on my truck!!! EFI is the best there is and you will be so happy with it! I know that the EDGE has the moniter and you dont want to spend the money on gauges but I wouldnt even have the EDGE be anywhere near my truck since it shut my truck down before and now that I have EFI

·
Registered
12 Posts
EFI is the best hands down! The Juice is a nice monitor though.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
So all I need to do is make sure who ever tunes it take in account the additional timing and counter acts it?
There is no way to do this. Edge, and all inline circuit fooling technology, is a big mystery, I would turn down a job if I knew that was the customers intention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts