Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 7 and it keeps popping up the same error code when I try to upload the disc. This is the code WOR FOR WORD - (The requested operation requires elevation. Win32 error:740). What do I need to do?!?!?!?! I have also tryed to do some serching but could'nt find any help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had that same problem... i just put it on a diff comp. that had xp but would like to have it on the new one also

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
which version are you trying to install. I run a laptop with windows 7 and run 7.5.5.

The 8.1.2 software wont work due to incompatibility porblems with win 7 and vista.

Also, in order to get my efi live to work, i had to install the usb drivers manually after i installed EFI live 7.5.5 here is the link to the usb driver update:

http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/Installing FlashScan on Win2K-XP-Vista.pdf

Like i said everything is working fine and installed perfectly

Dell Latitude D830

Hope this helps

Andrew

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
On another note, try turning the UAC (User Account Control) slider down or completly off when you try the installation. I have mine off on both my windows 7 computers.

I believe this is a round-a-bout fix for the error code you listed.

andrew

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had that problem too and went to the Microsoft help chat room site. I was told to run the program "as administrator". When I did that it worked fine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to install the 7.5.5. I got it to work on my vista so I'm sure it has to work on W7. I will try what u said. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
i would download the zip file from the efi live website, and then Right click>extract all (to desktop)>Right click on extracted file>run as administrator

Then do the manual USB driver update

This is the way i did it and worked perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts